Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Issue with LG Aquarius

Hey guys,

About 5 minutes ago I took my Aquarius out of it's box just to have fun with and whatnot. Anyway, I inserted the CR2 batteries(the right way of course) and didn't see any light....remembering that the first thing to check is the batteries I inserted another one and saw a quick flash of 473nm light and never saw any output after that. I then checked to see if the crystals were properly aligned with my phone and didn't see any IR light so Im very concerned at this point what may have happened :(

Any suggestions? I will gladly take them!

PS: If this is of any help
- I have never dropped the unit
- The unit isn't cold, it is actually at room temperature
- The CR2 battery was working fine a few hours ago

Ouch that doesn't sound good, the first thing to do is check your battery voltage with a volt meter to be sure the problem is not there.

Hey Flamin, thanks for the quick reply.

I don't own any instrument like that sadly. Right now after a few more tries I just put the unit in it's box and let it be. Most likely won't fix anything but it's better to not mess with something I have no clue about.

I also have had these batteries ever since I bought the Aquarius(which was around New Year) so maybe they are getting old?

-Alex

Edit: I have reviewed LG's warranty and my product is still under the warranty period and has been used in a way they will accept it. Should I go ahead and contact LG?

Last edited:
Possible the switch has broken. Any way to bypass it?

If not, warranty may be your only option.
After checking the batteries, of course.

Hope it all works out
-Matt

Possible the switch has broken. Any way to bypass it?

If not, warranty may be your only option.
After checking the batteries, of course.

Hope it all works out
-Matt

Agreed. I think warranty may also be my only option at this point. Oh well, things happen for a reason :)

-Alex

DJNY

Are you sure the batts were fully recharged?

Last edited:
dude that thing kills cr2's with moderate use they should only last a few days. That thing draws about 500ma. A cr2 is about 750mah. that means you could use it for about 1.5 hours total on one batt

Replace battery first. There may very well be nothing wrong with it, the battery might just have dropped below a certain voltage and the driver has cut off. IMO calling LG before even trying a battery change and it's a good chance it would be a waste of yours and their time.

Thank you for the suggestions.

I will be buying a new CR2 battery and see where that takes me.

-Alex

PS: But how would it explain the battery working fine a few hours and then completely dieing?

YAY! Bought some new batteries and the laser works fine. OMG was I starting to freak out :(

Thank you all for the helpful advice!!

-Alex

ARG

I don't own any instrument like that sadly. Right now after a few more tries I just put the unit in it's box and let it be. Most likely won't fix anything but it's better to not mess with something I have no clue about.

Glad a fresh set of batteries solved the problem.

You should really buy a multimeter though. You can get a crappy one for under $10 and they can read voltage, current and resistance. Helpful for troubleshooting lots of things, including this situation :p

Cheap & very useful tool to put in the tool box.

DJNY

Are you sure the batts were fully recharged?

Of course you aren´t allowed to use the blue rechargeable 3.6V CR2 batts with the Aqaurius. You would eventually kill it ;)

I´m not sure about the green Ultafires with the 3.2V.

A DMM s a MUST-HAVE as ARG pointed out! Really cheap and very helpful.

Great that it works again! In fact it always did :p

Of course you aren´t allowed to use the blue rechargeable 3.6V CR2 batts with the Aqaurius. You would eventually kill it ;)

I´m not sure about the green Ultafires with the 3.2V.

A DMM s a MUST-HAVE as ARG pointed out! Really cheap and very helpful.

Great that it works again! In fact it always did :p

Yes haha, im just going to continue using 3V CR2 Rayovac batteries. Im still confused on how the previous batteries just suddenly stopped working though. Is this common for Lithium Ion bats? I will buy a multimeter soon so this issue dosen't happen again.

-Alex

DJNY

Maybe they were empty. They discharge over time, especially when you had it in the laser - even without using the laser.

Now you need to change the thread title to
"Issues with handling batteries"

Yea a DMM will be a great help... I have a cheap analog MM that I don't really need anymore... if you're looking for a cheap MM PM me :beer: