Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

israeli child disturb to police helicopter with green laser

ofekgg

My father send me this yesterday when I slept :tired: Now it`s morning and I saw the article and I decide to post it here..
In Israel there is no limit about lasers from all kinds.
You can get 20mw green laser in gift stores for about 50$ (200 ILS)
Yes they take high price..

Here is he translated article with google translate Google úøâí
Here is the article in Hebrew Ynet נער סינוור טייס מסוק בלייזר: "זה מסוכן?" - חדשות

the Helicopter Pilot is OK and have no damage and we don`t know what the police do to the child..

was the child Palestinian? If so they probably called him a terrorist and shot him in the face.

ofekgg

I dont think that the child is palestinian, but he is from neighbourhood that have some teft.. (not all, just part of..)

Ofek.
(sorry about my english, I'm in school now and dont have babylon on ipod :))

The only way a 20mw green laser could do anything to a helicopter would be by throwing it into the air intake. But a stone would a lot more effective.

Thats not true, even with a 20mw, a green laser is so bright it can fill the cockpit with a flash, it can be very distracting for pilots. use your 5mw green and shine it into someones car from 500 feet away. go ahead try it.

The only way a 20mw green laser could do anything to a helicopter would be by throwing it into the air intake. But a stone would a lot more effective.

False. Helicopters don't fly THAT high, divergence of even crappy lasers is enough to reach the cockpit at moderate power. Also, sometimes it's not just direct exposure but it can affect the contrast systems they use to watch places during night (usually). There's a video of that on youtube.

ofekgg

we dont know the power of the laser, I gave here the example of 20mw laser that my friend bought..
this child could play with 5mw 20mw and 100mw..
but I`m sure it is between 5-30mw..