Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this safe ? ( Not more about sunglasses ;D )

diachi

I have pieces of glass ( I think they are poroized or have some sort of coating ) that I removed from an OLD philips projector and certain pieces seem to reflect certain colours of light pretty well. Light the two pieces that have a sort of redish colour seem to reflect green light ( around >90% from a direct hit ) and the other ones ( remain untested ) I think would reflect red light, as I cant see any red with them .

( if I put them all together it also reflects 99% of green light, so its good for testing fo IR , so far the romisen L-A030 has very little IR leackage ;) )

heres pics :

First through the dot through both red filters :

IMG096.JPG

And then through both blue filters :

IMG087.JPG

As you can see, only slight IR is visible when the laser is shone through the red filters ( I can only see a barely visible green line ), but when its shone through the blue filters it is just the same ( unless its at an angle less than 60 degrees, thats when it starts to reflect )

Both pictures were using the Romisen L-A030

Diachi

tomcat

Re: Is this safe ? ( Not more about sunglasses ;D

there called dichromics i work at a it recycle center and always extract the optics out of projectors

you can use a pass-red/reflect-cyan one to combine red and green into yellow also did you get the 3colour combining block out (sits just behind the multielement lens) because those are REALLY useful if its the right coating set ( use to combine r/g/b with minimal loss in projectors) but some are no good (lossy) i have a really good one that im saving for ym first projector to compare with using dichros theres also some frontsurface mirrors in those projectors and if you can cut them there really useful

diachi

Re: Is this safe ? ( Not more about sunglasses ;D

Yes I did get that block was having fun making different coloured light out in the sun with it, If I rotate it I can get any colour of light :) Its still in Its large aluminium holder though :D Sadly I never got any front surface mirrors, although I did get one that you cans ee through a little if you put it right to your eye, that seems to reflect most light :)

So much useful stuff in porjectors !

I also removed the large lens assembly that focuses the image, that is good for focusing down laser beams, to a tiny tiny dot, about 1-2 inches from the exiting lens, good for burning, I've managed to smoke leather with my Romisen L-A030 and its only using 3V batteries .

Glad I took apart that projector !

Diachi ;D