Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this possible?

Is it possible to not use a DB-25 cable to connect the correction amp to the actual laser? like is there any way to hard wire the soundcard DAC directly to the correction amp and that to the scanner motors? and just use the USB cord to connect it to your computer? and if so how would i go about doing that? thanks for all that help

EDIT:also if i were to just get a blue ray diode or green module would i beable to just turn it on and off manually instead of wiring that to the sound card too? and just use the sound card wired to the correction amp and just wire the correction amp to the X and Y galvos? if that makes sense?

Last edited:

It's absolutely possible. All you need to do is place the soundcard DAC inside the enclosure of your laser projector and connect the wires from yoru galvos and lasers directly to their outputs on the correction amp. No DB-25 necessary.

Benm

EDIT:also if i were to just get a blue ray diode or green module would i beable to just turn it on and off manually instead of wiring that to the sound card too? and just use the sound card wired to the correction amp and just wire the correction amp to the X and Y galvos? if that makes sense?

Its possible just to have the laser always on or switched manually, but that will give you no blanking, and seriously mess up most projections because the laser will draw lines where it isn't supposed to.