Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Encap

What difference does it make? -You already bought their BS hook , line, and sinker instead of asking here first.
Zeus are just another 'me too" one of thousands of Chinese web bandit resellers who screen a name on some of what they sell.
Zeus makes nothing and generally charge way too much/inflate prices beyond reasonable markup for inferior products, even with a discount

You would be much better served by an actual manufacturer like Sanwu https://www.sanwulasers.com/ or Jetlasers https://www.jetlasers.org/index.php

Last edited:

zzAxx

It makes the difference. I was not aware of that black market you are talking about.
Cheers.

Snecho

Encap pretty much nailed it on the head.

They are just another cheap Chinese reseller that is better than trying your luck on eBay but a hollow shell of a real company like Sanwu or JetLasers. There's a reason 90% of the time, the only time people bring up Zeus Lasers is to ask, "Why did my Zeus stop working after one day????"

And yeah, don't know why you're asking about advice after you've already bought the thing.

But the thing I find funny is for 300 euros, you could buy almost literally any Sanwu or JetLaser, and have one of the best manufactured lasers in the world lmao.

Also no mention of proper safety goggles, please do buy good safety goggles first, it's pretty much a requirement. One mistake and you'll be blinded for life.

zzAxx

I am asking now because I just discovered this forum. Better late than never I guess.
Sorry if I have offended anyone.
I usually dont make this kind of mistakes but I made a rushed decision since I would like to have it next week when I am on vacation and they "promised" fast shipping.

I was looking at Sanwu and for the same power would have to pay probably around 500-600 euros. But yea I would rather pay more to know it will last me awhile.

laserman82

I have experience with Zeuslasers and Wickedlasers, in my case all went very smoothly from both companies and both lasers are still alive.
I gave a try some months ago from Sanwulasers but they failed to delivery my laser because of customs. I'll try again the next month after vacation.

Snecho

I am asking now because I just discovered this forum. Better late than never I guess.
Sorry if I have offended anyone.
I usually dont make this kind of mistakes but I made a rushed decision since I would like to have it next week when I am on vacation and they "promised" fast shipping.

I was looking at Sanwu and for the same power would have to pay probably around 500-600 euros. But yea I would rather pay more to know it will last me awhile.
Here is their Challenger II host that you can select 1W of 520nm for 340 euros, or 1.2W of 525nm for 320 euros.

You can also get 1W of 525nm in their Guardian host for 305 euros.

Furthermore, here is a 1W 520nm PL-E Pro from JetLasers, which is what Zeus Lasers copied from in the first place, for 230 euros...

OR, a 1W 520nm PL-E Mini for 195 euros...

Last edited:

gazer101

Here is their Challenger II host that you can select 1W of 520nm for 340 euros, or 1.2W of 525nm for 320 euros.

You can also get 1W of 525nm in their Guardian host for 305 euros.

Furthermore, here is a 1W 520nm PL-E Pro from JetLasers, which is what Zeus Lasers copied from in the first place, for 230 euros...

Don't forget that you can always go cheaper if you build your laser yourself. Man, if only I had a lathe...

zzAxx

Thanks for the suggestions, I will probably get one from JetLasers.
But what is confusing is that JetLaasers and Sanwu websites also do not look really trustworthy, they all use gmail/hotmail email addresses and the photos are something from two decades ago.
So weird... I wish things were more polished, the way something spectacular as laser deserves as presentation.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will probably get one from JetLasers.
But what is confusing is that JetLaasers and Sanwu websites also do not look really trustworthy, they all use gmail/hotmail email addresses and the photos are something from two decades ago.
So weird... I wish things were more polished, the way something spectacular as laser deserves as presentation.

Do you mean like how beautiful & polished the Zeuslazers.dot.con website looks like?

😀

Shiiru

The challenger II is really good, I have two of them and I highly recommend getting one. Also for 300 euros u don't need to look into other companies and buy trash from wicked or zeus :D I would take the 4.5W 470nm in Challenger II from Sanwu and some Eaglepair goggles OD6-7.

you got it right Andrew! ;)

EDIT:
All Zeus "crappy products" are on under of my radar now

He's on your northern radar and also on my southern radar. (y) :ROFLMAO:
I channel all my intelligence through Pine Gap, which gives me direct access to Norad. :cool:

Good to see you again, Tero, my friend.

RB
😃