Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this argon laser a rip-off?

100 mw of argon and free shipping? :eek: doesnt seem that bad of a deal, but we should ask some one who know something about argons. :-?

Its only a single line at 488nm so you won't get the pretty multiple lines. And it takes a 220 volt socket which isn't exactly cheap to install. But it is essentially new and so that alone makes it worth quite a bit, you can expect several thousands of hours of life out of it from this point. Your power bill will be through the roof but if you want some pretty 488nm then it certainly is a steal. But I would imagine the bidding will go up, it will probably close at about $900-1000.

Razako

I have a 220V socket by the washer and that's why I was interested in this laser.  Sadly the price is a bit too high for me and is expected to go higher if a bidding war starts.

Well, most people do have a 220 volt socket if they have an space for a washer and dryer

That looks like an omni-532, if it has a glass verion tube make sure the seller packs it with extreme care as the gas ballast is made of GLASS and will break if the laser is even modestly jolted. Switching that omni PSU to 110 is very trivial, move a few lugs inside and move a couple jumpers over ;)