Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this a good laser host for phr803t?

Ash

Dilda v2 host. Pretty good price for that host, and it should work fine for a PHR build. :evil:

awesome! =]

also i just realized that this odic force company has an official site and they sell the stuff cheaper than this seller on ebay

is this seller on ebay just reselling the stuff from this site?
Home - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop

but yeah just wanting to know if the two sellers are different

and i am planning to buy this kit
http://odicforce.com/shop/article_O...ode-Driver.html?shop_param=cid=24&aid=OFL255&

i believe it comes with a driver, heatsink and everything

would this driver work for a phr-803t cause i think its made to drive a red laser, but i see a pot adjustment on it

Last edited:

Morgan

Hey nosebleedXD,

No, the driver won't work with a PHR as the forward voltage is around 5V for a BR and only around 3V for a red so you'll have to enquire about a different driver. I'm not sure if the BR drivers available from Odicforce fit inside the Aixiz but ask Jon there if this is the case.

Be careful when it comes to setting current etc. Jon and Odicforce are great to deal with but just cross reference suggested power settings and expected outputs with the, "Diode Compilation", thread to be sure. Other than that, you shouldn't have any problems with buying from Odicforce. If at first you don't get an immediate response to an email question, just call. Jon is a nice guy but busy.

I'm assuming you're a UK resident? If so Odicforce is probably the best place to get this type of hobby stuff, (cheap hosts). I would still stay on LPF for diodes and a decent, and better understood, driver. RCKSTR, (linear, cheaper driver) or Flexdrive/Boostdrive, (buck/boost or just boost depending on which one), are the way to go IMO. Check my sig for diodes.

M
:)

morgan

hey thanks for your help

i am not a uk resident but im mainly looking at the host because its so cheap, as it comes with a heatsink

i guess ill just buy the host without the driver

i will ask jon about this, and see how i would fit a 405nm driver in there

( i wonder if i can get a ddl to fit in there =] )

Last edited:
Hey I have the same host, and I can honestly say it is worse then most Chinese hosts. Its thin metal, very flimsy and over all feels cheap and a waste of money.

But if you are looking for a cheap host for a first build or something, there is nothing wrong with this host. This is a budget host, not a quality host...

Hope that helped -Adrian

yeah i know, for the price you pay is what you get

is there any other host you'd recommend or i'd be better off with a box, and an axiz module

otherwise, i was thinking about a jayrob kit, that 3 dollar host from dealextreme, i think it was the pocket chrome

but combined with the heatsink and the need of a flex drive, it comes to an expensive total

i guess ill just keep looking or just find a good project box

Well depends on your budget and experience... If you think you are up to the task... look into jayrobs pen style hosts... They are a bit difficult so make sure you can do it!

Otherwise a project box is a great idea for a quick and cheap host. You can get them in plastic or aluminum... and they look pretty decent.

Hope that helped -Adrian