Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is there an "average current" yet?

There isn't an average current for these 445nm diodes yet is there? for example a 6x is about 195ma, a LCC is around 420mA... etc...

And now have I seen that changing the voltage can significantly change the mW of the laser?

daguin

It's too early for this.

They were running ~700mW in the projector

Peace,
dave

jayrob

Wow I didn't realize that! No wonder there is such a massive finned heatsink in there!

I wonder what current it drove them at? And if it was pulsed? Probably pulsed huh?

I'm going to leave mine at 640mA's for now... And my smaller build will be about 400mA's.

I tell you what, they are so bright, you don't need the super high power... (IMO)

daguin

Wow I didn't realize that! No wonder there is such a massive finned heatsink in there!
I wonder what current it drove them at? And if it was pulsed? Probably pulsed huh?
I'm going to leave mine at 640mA's for now... And my smaller build will be about 400mA's.
I tell you what, they are so bright, you don't need the super high power... (IMO)

They were pulsed at two different settings (50% and 66%)

I don't know if anyone has determined the current they were run at yet.

Peace,
dave

DJNY

I´m interested how good IgorT´s v3 heatsink-modules are able to cool down so much power. Anyone heard of him according the 445nm diodes?
Is it possible to make an 445nm in Laserglow´s Herc host with the whole cooling system?

Sorry for the short off-topic :whistle:

I don't think we can use the stock current as a base just because they were pulsed. We run them at CW and the diode can act very differently (I'm not saying that this has to be true of course). Just something to have in mind. I've read that they will work for at least 12h at 1W so far.

pHeneX

Did the diode die after 12h @ 1W or is it still running?

That only means that the limit is our hosts and drivers, not the diode! Pretty amazing. :eek:

I haven't even read of anybody pushing these to death yet. You basically have to fry one and then work your way down from there. :D

I originally had my 445nm labby set at 625mA, but after reading posts of people pushing theirs way higher I bumped up the current to 833mA. Now this seems like I'm not getting the full potential out of it. The sad part about my whole labby ordeal is that I don't even have a 445nm in my hands yet.

jayrob

Might be worth an experiment but I doubt that driver will put out the 4+ volts that the 445 diode will be asking for...