Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is there a new forum policy in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed the memo, but apparently there's a new forum policy in place that states:

"When a new, inexperienced member joins the forum and asks n00b questions, we all must answer with complete misleading nonsense. That way, when other new, inexperienced people come here for information, they find a forum chock full of meaningless crap and unfriendly childish people"

I don't know all the details, but mfo and tech_junkie (both "VETERANS") can undoubtedly help us shed some light on the matter since they are enforcing it as can be seen here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/dvd-laser-burner-no-modules-47629.html#post646295

I'll admit it was not the most brilliant question, but speaking only for myself I don't expect n00bs to already have a good understanding of lasers and their construction. I'm very glad that when I was a n00b asking n00b questions, people were very helpful to me instead of acting like 12 year olds.. aren't the rest you? Otherwise I doubt we'd still be here.

I'm sure pages of immature bitching and moaning about me calling people out will commence starting now!

Anyone who feels like they have an issue with me can write all about it in this thread. And then then they can stick it where the sun don't shine, cause I sure don't care anymore..

Last edited:

Very well said......

I personally don't mind playing "people greeter" (like wal mart)

It may be the only way I can contribute anything meaningful to the forum.

Trust me EF, we are not the only two noticing this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see this disappointing behavior daily.......:(

Last edited:

mfo

I must have missed the memo, but apparently there's a new forum policy in place that states:

"When a new, inexperienced member joins the forum and asks n00b questions, we all must answer with complete misleading nonsense. That way, when other new, inexperienced people come here for information, they find a forum chock full of meaningless crap and unfriendly childish people"

I don't know all the details, but mfo and tech_junkie (both "VETERANS") can undoubtedly help us shed some light on the matter since they are enforcing it as can be seen here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/dvd-laser-burner-no-modules-47629.html#post646295

I'll admit it was not the most brilliant question, but speaking only for myself I don't expect n00bs to already have a good understanding of lasers and their construction. I'm very glad that when I was a n00b asking n00b questions, people were very helpful to me instead of acting like 12 year olds.. aren't the rest you? Otherwise I doubt we'd still be here.

I'm sure pages of immature bitching and moaning about me calling people out will commence starting now!

Anyone who feels like they have an issue with me can write all about it in this thread. And then then they can stick it where the sun don't shine, cause I sure don't care anymore..

http://laserpointerforums.com/f58/move-tutorials-help-repairs-section-47631.html

diachi

well, so why didn't you answer him yourself?

check out post #6 in that thread..

As you already stated IN the thread. :rolleyes:

EF Is right, what were you guys doing? If spoon feeding people annoys you THAT much then just don't answer at all. The guy could have hooked that up and burned out the diode - and if he thought the comment about hooking it up to the wall was serious he could have done some serious damage, to himself OR someone else.

VERY irresponsible :mad: .

Razako

Guys if you don't wanna deal with the noobs who are too lazy to read the tutorials then just don't respond. No need to troll their topic and flame them.

mfo

Guys if you don't wanna deal with the noobs who are too lazy to read the tutorials then just don't respond. No need to troll their topic and flame them.

And let the forum keep getting filled with spam and clutter so that information with value slips into the depths? I feel that what ever can be done to stop the same thread from being opened 20 times a day should be implemented ASAP.

jaycey

I appologise for my reply in that thread and will edit it right now...

So here is my idea, I am already putting together a web page that answers all the newbie questions, when I finish it all we will have to do is paste in one line to our answer.

Problem solved.

Maybe Ave could set the VB to send a "welcome" message to each new registrant including the data I am compiling.

We were not born into this world with the knowledge already in our heads, someone had the patience to teach us what we know.

There is a problem with that though; the common noob doesn't want to sped the time to read!! They typically just want things given to them. There are exceptions though.

You're right, and I get people's aversion to spoon feeding, but the thread in question was the members first post. It's impossible to say he's lazy on his first post.. Truly lazy n00bs will continually ask to be spoon fed, so they will become evident after a few posts.

Also, I really feel that if anyone has an aversion to spoon feeding, they should just not answer. It's even easier than taking time out of one's life to give inaccurate help. Even telling them to do a search or read the stickies is better than deliberately misleading someone.

I'd just like to point out that my post was all in good fun, and was obviously not meant to hurt or be misleading. I did it all in good fun, and I would've tried to help him, but some people didn't like my first post there at all... so I stopped.

I'm sorry for not taking it all so seriously. I don't like being all uptight in it all, and I try to be a bit more loose now and then, so I apologize in case I went too far this time.

-Tyler

EF Is right, what were you guys doing?

It was all an obvious joke. Its OK to have a "little" fun every once in a while. We were going to help him, give us a minute. If we cant have any laughs then you might as well call us PL.

cause I sure don't care anymore..

If you didnt care why make a thread about it? Geez, it was a joke. I didn't tell a n00b to point it in his eye., WTF

Freakin drama queens in this forum is getting old.

Last edited:

diachi

It was all an obvious joke. Its OK to have a "little" fun every once in a while. We were going to help him, give us a minute. If we cant have any laughs then you might as well call us PL.

If you didnt care why make a thread about it. Geez, it was a joke. I didn't tell a n00b to point it in his eye., WTF

Personally I much prefer the humor on PL ... it's mature, not this childish BS.

That guy could have left and went to hook up his LD after reading the first few posts - Not everyone is smart enough to pick up the jokes, especially over the internet where you can't go by someones tone. People who have been around for a while can clearly pick up on them because they KNOW what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.