Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is the Arctic charger a "smart" charger?

D

Delorean Geek

Maybe this belongs in another section, but I feel it's more saftey related. I Just got my Arctic in...WOOOWWWW! If this thing impresses me, I would love to see a 1w or greater 445!

When I first got it I read the book cover to cover before even inserting the batteries(a positive and negative symbol stamped on the battery would be nice for battery noobs, but I happen to know the diff. between a anode and a cathode)

Anyway, there was no mention of the charger in the manual, no charging time or even if this is a smart charger(which if it's not may explain the explosion issue)

I inserted the batteries and turned it on(I was glad to see it was an orange shrinked battery). I familiarized myself with the functions and noticed the battery meter hovering between the 1st and 2nd lights. It's not advisable to discharge a lithium based cell so I turned it off and put the battery on charge,( I also covered it incase of an explosion) My question...Does this charger have a peak circuit and automatically cuts off, or does it just charge at a specified current no matter what the battery voltage level is?

Thanks in advance, Michael

EDIT: Found some info on their webpage. They do sell a smart charger but it looks nothing like the one included with the Arctic.

Last edited: