Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

is anyone selling blue ray (read specs inside)

If anyone can supply a blue ray with 100mw power range in a case that can fit a beam expander that you've seen (basically any case that was not ripped from a mini flashlight) for under 150$ let me know.

Edit: I would like it so that the laser would be attachable to a expander. Ex; Viper case would fit a dragonlaser expander because of the adapter they sell. Could anyone find a laser that i could buy a beam expander for to attach it to that would fit. (Also, not one of those 450 something dollar ripoffs)

well pretty much any blu ray laser you'll find here has a focusable lens so a beam expander would be fairly redundant.

Kenom

It would not be that hard to put threads on the inside of the recess on my barrels, although they currently aren't setup this way. I could inquire, although it may end up being a little bit more than $150.

daguin

delewareboy said:
(basically any case that was not ripped from a mini flashlight)

I think you're going to have to be a little more specific with this statement. Do you want it threaded like Kenom has suggested? Are you willing (and able) to make/use an adapter? If so, how large must the surface be for the adapter? Do you want it to stand on its own or will it be hand held?

Peace,
dave

Handheld would be fine. Take from this what you will but im trying to find a wrig(beam+adapter+expander) that i can light explosives with from about 60 feet away, and a setup that would run me less than 300 dollars.

laserlover said:
good luck, at that far away that will be mighty hard!
Yeah, even with a 300mW+ laser you're gonna have trouble. Why don't you use fuse? you got like ~30 seconds a foot. Plenty of time to get 60 feet away.

daguin

delewareboy said:
Handheld would be fine. Take from this what you will but im trying to find a wrig(beam+adapter+expander) that i can light explosives with from about 60 feet away, and a setup that would run me less than 300 dollars.

Just holding the beam steady enough at that distance is going to be a challenge.  It will most definitely have to be set in a holder of some kind.  You may want to consider moving to a "lab" type unit.  That way you can get more mW and mount it more permanently.  You could still utilize a battery power source.

If you want to be easily "portable" you may want to change to a radio type ignition system.

Peace,
dave

BluRay

with a BR laser you might end up blowing yourself up before you can get away ;D
Maybe with a red laser, and then the fuse would have to be a dark color also. But BluRays are not good for burning far distance and you might not be able to see the dot clearly in the daytime either.

Tommy

ya.................I might think about just buying one of the ones on this page. But the 60 feet away burning idea is so awesome...........

HumanSymphony said:
[quote author=laserlover link=1221612705/0#5 date=1221615608]good luck, at that far away that will be mighty hard!
Yeah, even with a 300mW+ laser you're gonna have trouble. Why don't you use fuse? you got like ~30 seconds a foot. Plenty of time to get 60 feet away.[/quote]
lmao you would know wouldnt you nick.... yeah good luck with what you want though delwareboy. its not going to be easy to do or cheap as you want it if some1 can build it. deinately wont be a br laser...maybe an ir.. ::)