Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

is anyone here bind?

i read about laser safety in the forum all the time, is there anyone here who actually learned the hard way about lasers? like anyone who is blind in one eye or has been visually impaired by a laser?

i hope no... but i remember someone YES:.... stupid are over the worlds..... so is possible that some % of members used to point the beam in a single eye XD maybe a cheap 50mw....

i hope no... but i remember someone YES:.... stupid are over the worlds..... so is possible that some % of members used to point the beam in a single eye XD maybe a cheap 50mw....

lol when i was younger me and my friends would do that, little did we know we were just baking our retinas with IR that might explain why we all wear glasses now

Morgan

Yes, there are members here who have learned the hard way. Thankfully, I'm not one of them but maybe they'll post their story, or a link to a previous rendition.

Now you know how to protect yourself, you should hopefully avoid the pitfalls as I, and many others, have. There's really no excuse with the amount of info available here in my opinion.

M
:)

I would probably be considered legally blind if I lost my left eye. That isn't because of lasers though. My right eye has had crappy vision pretty much my whole life.

I would probably be considered legally blind if I lost my left eye. That isn't because of lasers though. My right eye has had crappy vision pretty much my whole life.

well that's no fun -.- you gotta come up with a bogus yet amazing story about it, like u were working for NASA and one of their multi-million dollar telescopes misaligned and pointed at the sun as u were doing planetary research :D

I'm blind in both eyes from lasers. Luckily, I can smell light in increments of 5nm.

Avoid putting high powered lasers up your nose then :crackup:

DJNY

You should ALWAYS wear safety goggles when burning with lasers or playing with powers >20mW inside the room son!
blind_ani.gif

..... I just got an idea on a quick way to perform delicate personal grooming... :eek:

Be sure to wear plenty of eye protection and don't breathe in through your nose. Burning hair smells really bad.

Inuboi8, I do the same. I was replying to auto though. From my understanding, he was talking about using a laser to remove nose hair...