Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is a Driver Needed for This Module

More than likely no driver is needed, as a complete pointer will cost two dollars more ,so i would say almost certainly the driver is built in ,just connect batteries and that's it i have 50 mW violet that look almost indentical to that, i connect to 3 to 4 volts and it works perfectly .

Last edited:
They usually have a resistor in lieu of a driver. But yes, 3-some volts should be fine.

I'm curious as to why you want a low powered module rather than a complete Pointer at couple dollars more?

Rohath

I'm curious as to why you want a low powered module rather than a complete Pointer at couple dollars more?
I'm going to be using this as a pointer in a Nerf gun, so I don't need something that's really powerful, but what power would the complete pointer be?

I'm going to be using this as a pointer in a Nerf gun, so I don't need something that's really powerful, but what power would the complete pointer be?
well your average eBay pen is usually quite a bit overspec,going by my collection, average at least 40 mW in green, 45mW in violet and 70 mW in red ....but can go up to twice that on some of them .i do believe i got a good batch as nearly all of them came from the same seller so i bought more ...but you need to be really careful that's enough power to need goggles if your using it as a toy and pointing it at ppl( which is a really bad idea anyway pointing at ppl ) they need goggles as well all of them, most important.