Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is a 50mW greenie ok for outdoor pointing?

Hi guys. I was on O-like today and I was looking through their green lasers and I saw that they have a cute green laser 50mW for only 25 euro!
I know that it won't be good for burning but thats ok as all I want it for is shining outdoors at night time!
Would this laser be ok for outdoor pointing or do I need higher mW to see the beam? Also I am not sure if I should get this laser for pointing or a 250mW red for burning. The red laser is also very tempting as it is so cheap. Im confused :yh:

3zuli

50mW is ok for evening/night outdoor pointing, for daytime pointing you should get something more powerful

Since you're new to lasers, I would start out with a 50-100mW green then work up to the red and higher-powered lasers later.

Since you're new to lasers, I would start out with a 50-100mW green then work up to the red and higher-powered lasers later.

I agree with david completely.

Start low powered and when you have more experience go to the higher powered lasers. (make sure to use goggles with the powers above true 100mW)