Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IR-Visible Laser converter

Man... you sound like an "Expert" tying to impress the Forum members
with you "technical" know how to sell your $75.00 IR Indicator whatchamacallit
that I can do with a less than $13.00 similar product...

BTW... why did you open 3 Threads addressing the same issue...
I smell SPAMMER...

Jerry

Yup, I also agree. What is the name of your "Hi-Tek" lab?... Does it just have the one laser you keep talking about?

mfo

How about we all just be patient and allow me to review this product? Maybe the OP isn't the best at describing things in detail.

This has been tested to 3.8Kw/cm2...I can bind w/ceramic and go to 10-50KW/cm2 power density...just putting the facts out..Laserbee needs a simple basis for rebuttal...not blah, blah, blah...

None of us here are going to need power desity of 4kW/cm^2, the most powerful IR laser owned by a member on here was about 60W if I remember correctly. Lasersbee's points are valid and honest, which is why he has a good standing in the community. You haven't established that yet, so it would be a good move to under-promise and over-deliver, rather than what is (at the moment, at least) unsubstantiated hype. I look forward to mfo's review, and wish you the best of luck.

Those wimpy laser converter cards are cheapo and low temperature narrowband and not designed for POWER DENSITY. This gizmo uses another class of material and will withstand W/cm2 and has wide broadband range..I use a dangerous level IR Raman system that will burn carbon material, etc.and your retina..also detects low level. around 1mw or less..I asked the question, does it give a response when wearing safety goggles?..mine does, evidently the power levels he is using are basically toys for kids. This has been tested to 3.8Kw/cm2...I can bind w/ceramic and go to 10-50KW/cm2 power density...just putting the facts out..Laserbee needs a simple basis for rebuttal...not blah, blah, blah...archeometry

Don't you even read your own similar Threads....:thinking:
Maybe if you opened just one per subject.... you could keep a track of them..:whistle:

I responded to your questions on another thread this morning...
I guess you couldn't find it....:undecided:
Here is the Link.....

http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/new-antistokes-material-ir-visible-converter-49047.html#post671068

So basically you are flexing your Muscles with your "so much more powerful
Lasers than ours" telling the Members of this Forum that they are playing
with toy Lasers... That will surely get you far on this Forum...:tsk:

And I don't make or sell the much less expensive than your IR Indicator
Cards... I don't have an agenda to sell any here...:cool:

Jerry

Last edited:
Perhaps its understandable if you don't like lasersbee comparing your product to a much cheaper one if you truly believe its vastly superior but IMO your coming off as mighty arrogant for a new member with something to sell.
We are semi-self moderated here & I'm sure you can understand that like many other forums we have had a good share people looking for a quick buck. Any new members with items they are selling will be questioned. Its not personal.
mfo is going to be receiving your sample so wouldn't it be better to just wait then to start off with a fight?
How about we all just be patient and allow me to review this product?
Lets have a drink & enjoy whatever remains of the weekend. :beer:

Last edited:
^^^^^ Well Said... ^^^^^
I thought I was the only one who thought that he sounded a
bit arrogant for a new member that hasn't contributed to the
Forum as of yet...:cool:

@ HaloBlu... by your coordinates... you seem to live just South
East of Guam.... In the Pacific ocean....:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:
I made the device for 785nm and found that it goes to 980 and possibly to 1064nm. The Raman laser i made this for has a head with a virtual focus point 7mm in front and pinches the beam to 100micron dia. This at 300mw output 100 micron beam will burn wood...and doesn't burn the anti-stokes compound. So this withstands power density around 5KW/cm2. Also 75$ is cheapo with respect to a Raman laser system $25K and you can see the beam divergence from the focus point, and see this through the safety glasses. I made another type out of a ceramic like Glass/Ionomer cement that would go really high in power density. The reflection is coming from the plastic coating over the compound and you can sand this off with sandpaper. I haven't started any fires here with reflection. Also are these IR cards rated at 785nm?...Germany sells a device for $400 and Japan sells one for $350 and were'nt rated at 785nm.

joeyss

It took me about 5 seconds to realize this is some kind of spam. See the signature.