Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IR-Visible Laser converter

Hi, I have a small Hi-Tek lab using Raman IR system @ 785nm. I was always wondering how the beam profile was, since there is a virtual focus point and beam divergence. The result is a device you can see the beam. See attached photos. Wearing the safety glasses the beam scatter is in Blue spectrum and this slips through the safety filters. If anybody is interested in this device. Please Email me @ archeometry@yahoo.com. The device has been tested from 785nm to 930nm and believe it will go to 1064nm and possibly deeper into the IR. This can be used to check IR laser gunsights at 830 and 850nm.

Attachments

• IRVIS.jpg
    IRVIS.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 424

mfo

How about instead of having us email you, you post more info here.

Edit: And btw, wrong section.

I make these devices by hand and are optimized with a two stage reaction which enhances the glow. Detection mw level is extremely low into the 1mw or less range. Germany and Japan sell these devices only rated at 980-1064nm range for 350-450$ each. The interesting part is when wearing the safety glasses, Alexandrite and Green lense for 785nm to about 830nm, the emission scatter spectrum is @ 351nm max peak and at about 451nm max peak. This Royal Blue peak at 451 slips through the safety glasses and appears as a blue dot when visualized. The OD at this frequency is only about 0.1 for the glasses. Therefore, your retina is not at any risk of damage when wearing the glasses rated at the IR wavelengths..I sell these for 75$ and price break them to 35$ for 100 or more. This broadband IR converter here is only available here, this is a new invention developed by me and was an accidental discovery doing archeometric analysis on a gold coin 600AD( Byzantine). My Raman system detected a strange mineral growth that fluoresced on the spectrograph. Further X-ray analysis sub-ed out to another lab gave results of a complex aragonite mineral interdispersed with manganese and other elements. After a thorough study of this interaction gave me the idea to investigate this behavior and the result was the development of the broadband IR-Visible converter. After a few months of experimenting i defined some polymer networks that chemically combine with this artificial mineral giving a 2-3 fold amplification of the conversion effect to visible range. These are prototype and work good. I test each one with my laser to see fluorescence response..I have some rejects that work good but kind of bloby and offset such that i could sell cheap like 20$ for anybody wanting to play with them. Also detects The divergent IR for like non laser TV remotes..using IR diodes that are not lasers...A very interesting and complicated phenomenae like pouring water uphill from a potential energy standpoint.

mfo

This sounds promising. Would you be willing to mail out a test unit if I cover shipping costs? Also, do you have pictures of the actual device? Thanks.

yeah, no problem, i'll send a good unit for free, but i can't keep on sending free units, these cost me a few grand in bucks and my R&D time i have to suck up which is more than a few thousand...send your address to my email and i'll send the device, you'll be intrigued, but you would be very intrigued by what is the result of this...possibly SUPER CONDUCTIVE LASERS...David Walley

mfo

yeah, no problem, i'll send a good unit for free, but i can't keep on sending free units, these cost me a few grand in bucks and my R&D time i have to suck up which is more than a few thousand...send your address to my email and i'll send the device, you'll be intrigued, but you would be very intrigued by what is the result of this...possibly SUPER CONDUCTIVE LASERS...David Walley

Before I do that, you're willing to let me write a complete and honest review, and then post it here for everyone to read?

Also, do you have pics of the product itself?

Thanks.

yeah, i have pics and yes you could write review, i have nothing to hide and i'll send you free sample to test for yourself..how about that?...DW...i'll put another pic or two up..they rejected my first pics from size so i have to re-duplicate experiment at lower pic quality...gimme 15 minutes, i will post on new people side...dw

Morgan

How intriguing... Hello btw. Lasers seem to be one of your things already but bring on the knowledge... Welcome on board.

M
:)

mfo

yeah, i have pics and yes you could write review, i have nothing to hide and i'll send you free sample to test for yourself..how about that?...DW...i'll put another pic or two up..they rejected my first pics from size so i have to re-duplicate experiment at lower pic quality...gimme 15 minutes, i will post on new people side...dw

E-mail sent :)

I make these devices by hand and are optimized with a two stage reaction which enhances the glow. Detection mw level is extremely low into the 1mw or less range. Germany and Japan sell these devices only rated at 980-1064nm range for 350-450$ each. The interesting part is when wearing the safety glasses, Alexandrite and Green lense for 785nm to about 830nm, the emission scatter spectrum is @ 351nm max peak and at about 451nm max peak. This Royal Blue peak at 451 slips through the safety glasses and appears as a blue dot when visualized. The OD at this frequency is only about 0.1 for the glasses. Therefore, your retina is not at any risk of damage when wearing the glasses rated at the IR wavelengths..I sell these for 75$ and price break them to 35$ for 100 or more. This broadband IR converter here is only available here, this is a new invention developed by me and was an accidental discovery doing archeometric analysis on a gold coin 600AD( Byzantine). My Raman system detected a strange mineral growth that fluoresced on the spectrograph. Further X-ray analysis sub-ed out to another lab gave results of a complex aragonite mineral interdispersed with manganese and other elements. After a thorough study of this interaction gave me the idea to investigate this behavior and the result was the development of the broadband IR-Visible converter. After a few months of experimenting i defined some polymer networks that chemically combine with this artificial mineral giving a 2-3 fold amplification of the conversion effect to visible range. These are prototype and work good. I test each one with my laser to see fluorescence response..I have some rejects that work good but kind of bloby and offset such that i could sell cheap like 20$ for anybody wanting to play with them. Also detects The divergent IR for like non laser TV remotes..using IR diodes that are not lasers...A very interesting and complicated phenomenae like pouring water uphill from a potential energy standpoint.

Like I said in your other very similar Thread.....
I have been using and IR Indicator that I purchased at Radio
Shack 15 years ago... and it still works great at showing IR beam
profiles..

Here is an IR Indicator Cards sell that for $13.95 ea and they are in the USA

Petra 72-6772 IR INDICATOR CARD- LxWxH=3.5x2x0.25

and this one is only $12.70....

IR INDICATOR CARD-

It may not be the same principle... but the inexpensive IR Indicator
cards work great for me...:cool:

BTW... what part of the Globe are you from...:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:
what range of frequency in IR and do you wear safety glasses while viewing beam? this converter gives a good response while wearing glasses...send the pics, response profile, etc...is the device safe or are you bare eyed while viewing?..archeometry...live in Mississippi and have a high tech lab with state of art instrumentation...ok

Man... you sound like an "Expert" tying to impress the Forum members
with you "technical" know how to sell your $75.00 IR Indicator whatchamacallit
that I can do with a less than $13.00 similar product...

BTW... why did you open 3 Threads addressing the same issue...
I smell SPAMMER...

Jerry

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

Man... you sound like an "Expert" tying to impress the Forum members
with you "technical" know how to sell your $75.00 IR Indicator whatchamacallit
that I can do with a less than $13.00 similar product...

BTW... why did you open 3 Threads addressing the same issue...
I smell SPAMMER...

Jerry
so do I

Those wimpy laser converter cards are cheapo and low temperature narrowband and not designed for POWER DENSITY. This gizmo uses another class of material and will withstand W/cm2 and has wide broadband range..I use a dangerous level IR Raman system that will burn carbon material, etc.and your retina..also detects low level. around 1mw or less..I asked the question, does it give a response when wearing safety goggles?..mine does, evidently the power levels he is using are basically toys for kids. This has been tested to 3.8Kw/cm2...I can bind w/ceramic and go to 10-50KW/cm2 power density...just putting the facts out..Laserbee needs a simple basis for rebuttal...not blah, blah, blah...archeometry