Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IR R HERE ! :P

Okay, I now am carrying 200mw 808nm 5.6mm OEM diodes in my shop. Price is fairly reasonable - buy lots ! I'll order more if the demand exceeds my stock in these items. Thanks !

http://shop.stonetek.org

P.S. Don't forget to use the 10% discount coupon, LPFROX! when you order ! IF for some reason it doesn't work properly for you, I will manually refund the 10% - just send me an email with your order info in it ! :cool:

I'll order a couple, once I can afford IR goggles ::) I love how cheap the power/price ratio is on IR, I just hate how it is so dangerous without proper protection.

Any chance you'll be selling IR goggles in the future?

hey senkat,

1 question, you may have answered it already, is the free shipping...free worldwide shipping...or free continental us shipping?

Thanks
brtaman

styropyro said:
I'll order a couple, once I can afford IR goggles ::) I love how cheap the power/price ratio is on IR, I just hate how it is so dangerous without proper protection.

If you need some IR goggles to complement your diodes, I sell, for $85, pairs of 804-1700nm OD3+ glendale/uvex goggles. Normally these things run in the $150-200+ range, but I got a good deal :)

pseudonomen137 said:
[quote author=styropyro link=1214425449/0#2 date=1214427329]I'll order a couple, once I can afford IR goggles ::) I love how cheap the power/price ratio is on IR, I just hate how it is so dangerous without proper protection.

If you need some IR goggles to complement your diodes, I sell, for $85, pairs of 804-1700nm OD3+ glendale/uvex goggles. Normally these things run in the $150-200+ range, but I got a good deal :)[/quote]
Awesome! I'm building a 2 watt 808nm laser sometime soon and when I have the money I'll buy some of those goggles off of you. Don't worry I'll buy the goggles before I build the laser ;D

To stay on topic, How much power have you pushed these diodes too? Also, if you have put some of these diodes in an Aixiz module, is the light from the diode hard to focus with the stock lens?

brtaman said:
hey senkat,

1 question, you may have answered it already, is the free shipping...free worldwide shipping...or free continental us shipping?

Thanks
brtaman

Free Worldwide USPS First Class / Air Mail :)

That has no tracking capabilities - if you need tracking, EMS is available (at an extra charge).

styropyro said:
[quote author=pseudonomen137 link=1214425449/0#5 date=1214428674][quote author=styropyro link=1214425449/0#2 date=1214427329]I'll order a couple, once I can afford IR goggles ::) I love how cheap the power/price ratio is on IR, I just hate how it is so dangerous without proper protection.

If you need some IR goggles to complement your diodes, I sell, for $85, pairs of 804-1700nm OD3+ glendale/uvex goggles. Normally these things run in the $150-200+ range, but I got a good deal :)[/quote]
Awesome! I'm building a 2 watt 808nm laser sometime soon and when I have the money I'll buy some of those goggles off of you. Don't worry I'll buy the goggles before I build the laser ;D

To stay on topic, How much power have you pushed these diodes too? Also, if you have put some of these diodes in an Aixiz module, is the light from the diode hard to focus with the stock lens?[/quote]

Hemlock Mike will be posting one of his famous curves, as well as his observations - I am ashamed to say I have not actually even powered them up :p

I've never played with 808 before. Only the 780 from drives. So whats the visibility difference between the two?

Not too much visibility difference....it's only 28nm "longer".... deep, dull red...and scorching headaches if you don't have goggles :(

BTW, the link to the datasheet on the page doesn't work for me :(

That said, since when do we drive by the datasheet. I await Mike's graphs :p

pocketfluff said:
BTW, the link to the datasheet on the page doesn't work for me :(

That said, since when do we drive by the datasheet. I await Mike's graphs :p

Same here I can't see the data sheet.

styropyro said:
[quote author=pseudonomen137 link=1214425449/0#5 date=1214428674][quote author=styropyro link=1214425449/0#2 date=1214427329]I'll order a couple, once I can afford IR goggles ::) I love how cheap the power/price ratio is on IR, I just hate how it is so dangerous without proper protection.

To stay on topic, How much power have you pushed these diodes too? Also, if you have put some of these diodes in an Aixiz module, is the light from the diode hard to focus with the stock lens?[/quote]

styropyro--

These diodes are bigger then the other ones. There 5.6 mm's, thats BIG ;D

--hydro

Okay, fixed the link to the PITIFUL "Data Sheet" I am almost ashamed to even put the link on my site :p It has SOME info - but it is a JPG, you will have to save it to your PC, and enlarge it a bit...sorry for the hassles :(