Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ir led question

Where I live its hard to find nor to order any of the things that you need to use for building any kind of lasers , so my first question is Where can you locate the most powerful ir ld that you can harvest ?
and what is the amount of current that should you provide it with ?
thank you people

Where I live its hard to find nor to order any of the things that you need to use for building any kind of lasers , so my first question is Where can you locate the most powerful ir ld that you can harvest ?
thank you people

Hmmm IR diodes are kinda dangerous, y'know! Your title says LED but do you want a laser diode? because LED is different from LD. But I'd check eBay, its the only site i know that sells IR diodes. I'm not sure about the amount of power of the LPC-815 sled's IR diode, but I have one laying around. If it turns out its of respectable power maybe I could send one your way.

Just looked it up. The IR diode from the LPC Sled can put out around 120mW and some have been over driven and put out something like 200mW. I'll test mine to see if its working. Its still in its heatsink, but if it works and stuff, I could send it to you for a few bucks.

Fiddy

if you want 5.6mm IR diode, there are 300mW versions on eBay for cheap.

You know IR is invisible to the human eye?

What purpose do you want to use it for?

Fiddy.

Last edited:
thank you people

Why are you so interested in an IR LD.... It is dangerous because
the beam is near invisible.... You will easily hurt yourself or others.

Are you still trying to blind people as you stated in your thread here...:thinking:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/does-really-blind-70094.html#post1011295

Jerry

The IR diode from the LPC Sled can put out around 120mW and some have been over driven and put out something like 200mW. I'll test mine to see if its working. Its still in its heatsink, but if it works and stuff, I could send it to you for a few bucks.
Dude please don't help noobs get their hands on IR diodes.
Did you not notice his signature?!
I am the one holding it .
I have a question , if you wanted to build an eyes killing laser , how will you test it ?
(Signature preserved for future reference)
Even if he didn't show any indication of harmful intent, IR is can be quite dangerous, doesn't have any useful purpose to most people & shouldn't be sold to those with 35 posts.

If there is any doubt Jerry provides a his thread
Thanks Jerry.

Last edited:
Dude please don't help noobs get their hands on IR diodes.
Did you not notice his signature?!

(Signature preserved for future reference)
Even if he didn't show any indication of harmful intent, IR is can be quite dangerous, doesn't have any useful purpose to most people & shouldn't be sold to those with 35 posts.

If there is any doubt Jerry provides a his thread
Thanks Jerry.

Oh geez I didn't even see his signature. Hmmm yeah now that I see what this guys other thread is about, tagged along to his signature, I don't think the person should be near an IR laser...

This dork sayes that he lives in Syria and keeps asking about I.R. with relation to harmful, or blinding people. Come on, wake up guys......

This dork sayes that he lives in Syria and keeps asking about I.R. with relation to harmful, or blinding people. Come on, wake up guys......

Yeah at first I was giving this guy benefit of the doubt, but now seeing his other posts I don't really think this guy should be near a laser until he learns how to use it safely. Or at least until he accepts that building an infrared eye blinding laser is both inhumane and illegal and doesn't have the intent to build one. It's a hobby site, not an arms dealing site.