Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ir laser

jahad

hey all im new to this site and i what a ir laser i found a 1w ir diodehttp://cgi.ebay.com/808nm-1000mw-1W-burning-IR-laser-diode-USA-3-day-ship-/270577155201?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3effa7bc81#ht_1671wt_913

now i want to know what else i need for this to make it run and burn stuff plz give me links to the other stuff i need thanks

Burnsy

Read the sticky threads and use search funtion

It helped me a lot.... :beer:

Arayan

Welcome to LPF :)

You surely need safety goggles like these against IR at 808 nm because IR are invisible to naked eye and consequently very dangerous. Furthermore these kind of lasers usually need to have a concentrated beam to burn things...

EDIT: I just saw the link (which before was not working) and I saw that it is a diode (not a pointer) consequently it can't work "alone" ;)

Last edited:

jahad

alright thanks man but do u no anything about the 1000mw laser diode like what else do i need?

Grix

That diode is multimode, meaning it makes many beams. To focus it into a standard beam/dot for burning would require expensive and advanced optics.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3390182310_f86c82cb95.jpg
    3390182310_f86c82cb95.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 231
normally i would jump on board and say use the search button. but IR diodes have a higher risk factor because you can't see the light.... i do not recommend you get an IR laser because you have zero knowledge of lasers...

michael

jahad

does anyone want to give me a link for the driver of this? i bought the diode so i need the parts help plz?

also if i have a red laser 200mw can i change the diode and thats it?

Last edited:

TTerbo

dude!! were not going to spoon feed you.
seeing as you have like 3 threads on this read the other onei posted what you need to read.
you shouldnt have bought that IR laser without any knowledge on how tobuild it or what it does.
1.do you have a soldering iron?
2.do you know how to make an electronic circuit.
3. can you use the soldering iron to put parts onto the board.
4. can you do these things without any help and without (blinding yourself.burning yourself. breathing in toxic fumes, spontainiously combsting??)
ok and one more thing lol. DO YOU KNOW THAT IR IS INVISIBLE.
if you are new to lasers i take it you only bought that laser becauset sais "burning"
this laser will not be any help to you. you will need an aixiz module aswell.
READ
cheers TTerbo

normally i would jump on board and say use the search button. but IR diodes have a higher risk factor because you can't see the light.... i do not recommend you get an IR laser because you have zero knowledge of lasers...

michael

I actually like IR alot, its very interesting IMO, but I do agree, that it should not be owned by anyone that doesnt have extensive knowledge of laser saftey...