Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ir laser

polop

I have found a laser diod 75W pulsed only roughly 60$  uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=6541866 they say they are 75W pulse lasers. ciould these be incorperated into a pionter. maybe they can be ran at .5 W constantly. any ideas

Hmmm, I don't really know what to think about it.

75W in a small diode doesn't really happen, but since its pulsed... you could have some fun if it truly has that output.

Blue is going to order some, and test them out and see what we can get out of them.

Things

LOL a 75W remote control, blind everyone in the room while watching TV ;D ;D ;D Nice find BTW!

Not really cyparagon... this is a whole new beast. Though the average power is only 90 mw, who knows what 75 watt pulse peak can do...

Do you think the rating is high because it has 3 emitters? Maybe 25 W per emitter? I would order one for the price, but I don't have a power supply that provides 9V at 40A. Oh well, good luck! Let us know what you find.

polop

oh i didnt think ill get any poitive responce for that effort. i thought everybody would have inside knowlage knowing these wont work. but heeh even a complete noob might stumble on some thing worthy. well at least hopefully caus there is a rs just down the road from me.

a  very short pulse even at high powers wont do much i think, just as the object is starting to heat up it has time to cool down  again.

As regards to a power suply the esiest way would be to use high output batteries. I have some 14.8v ones that can pulse over 60 amp easily and be fine at 45 amp constant. these also are small and light enough to put in a pionter. mmmmm 75W pulse burner.

Problem... 40 amps CW into a little plastic diode... NOT GONNA WORK! Its a 100 nanosecond pulse.

100 nanoseconds at 40 amps / 9V is hard.

I have bought two and will experiment to see if they work and are usable. If they are, I'll do a GB for them, as they have nice discounts.

I don't recommend you go and buy any now as they may turn out to be totally useless lol

And I do expect they have 25 watts per emitter.

It's a SH pulsed laser diode, takes amps to run, but only outputs about 4 to 100nS pulses, usually at . 100 ns is pushing it. They are intended to be used in TOF rangefinders. The most common power supply is a capacitor discharged through a fast SCR driven by a fet or UJT relaxation oscillator.

glona

ok think aboguht buying a 1watt ir for like to use with a fiberoptic cable to do soem fine woodburning what are teh chance of hurting my eyes ( all gogels i fidn for ir are super expensive)

glona said:
ok think aboguht buying a 1watt ir for like to use with a fiberoptic cable to do soem fine woodburning what are teh chance of hurting my eyes ( all gogels i fidn for ir are super expensive)

very likely.