Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ir laser build

glona

ok i just got my dx 30 mw how would i go abought taking out the tkp crystal and making it an ir laser and abought how many mw would it be?

The power of the ir diode would be around 300mw, and the good thing about taking it apart is that it comes with a driver already designed to power the diode at the optimum power.

To take it apart you need to get a cloth, wrap it around the metal cap and put it in a vice, slowly twist and pull until it comes off (this can be hard and note that it is not threaded). After you get that push the switch in while slowly twisting and pulling the module (be careful and take your time). Once you have it out the spring would be negative and the case itself would be the positive. After you get it out im not to sure what to do to take out the crystals, someone else would probably know.

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

glona

hay thanks man im going to go in early to class tomarrow and use the vice in the work shop

chido

You better get some eye protection.
wink09.gif

glona

yeah im gogin to do that before i do this
but i am trying ot findsomeone who will trade me for the goggels