Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Iphone 4

So How do you want it?

• AT&T

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Verizon

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Android

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
So, now that it is official that Verizon is getting the Iphone 4...how would u like it....Verizon or AT&T

Also...for all of you people who have an Iphone....Post your data speeds with AT&T.
c231b18d.jpg

Last edited:

It doesn't look like you've had much luck with this poll or topic. I'm one of the Android voters.

If I were to get an iphone, I'd go with Verizon. I know way too many people that have been screwed by ATT. Some of it even involved very obvious lies.

Verizon may not be able to size up to At&T for speed, but Verizon DOES design their network for flexibility, reliability, and for coverage. I've never had a coverage problem with them, wherever I go throughout the US.

What good is 3G, 4G, or an iPhone when there is no network nearby to service it?

Benm

I don't live in the US, but if your choice is between a fast network with bad coverage, and a slower on with better coverage, i would take the latter.

On the road you often don't really need the high speed network, but it can be crucial that you are able to make a call or read/sent a mail or text from any location. Full speed you can often get from wifi networks, especially at home or in the workplace.

mfo

iPhone 5 is coming in June to Verizon, so for those of you considering buying the 4, wait :)

drevil

I currently have a 3g on At&t. I will probably end up waiting for the Iphone 5 which might have an OLED screen. I generally hate Macs because they are Macs and you can't do anything on them that Steve Jobs does not want you do. IMO the Iphone runs faster and cleaner than any Android device. Until there is a smartphone that can make me a sandwich I could really care less.

mfo

I currently have a 3g on At&t. I will probably end up waiting for the Iphone 5 which might have an OLED screen. I generally hate Macs because they are Macs and you can't do anything on them that Steve Jobs does not want you do. IMO the Iphone runs faster and cleaner than any Android device. Until there is a smartphone that can make me a sandwich I could really care less.

Just jailbreak it dude.

mfo

Verizon may not be able to size up to At&T for speed, but Verizon DOES design their network for flexibility, reliability, and for coverage. I've never had a coverage problem with them, wherever I go throughout the US.

What good is 3G, 4G, or an iPhone when there is no network nearby to service it?

This is the only reason I keep them.

I remember being on a beach once on the north shore of Hawaii, past Dillingham airfield. My girls phone with T-Mobile had nothing, mine had 4/5 bars :)

To be honest....I have never come across a completely dead zone for AT&T....Maybe it's just me?

Im waiting for a nokia meego phone. I do love my n900, but I do have a tmobile g2 as a "phone" phone

got edge phone on t-mo. I'm poor but needed a smart phone with at least wifi. This was a very economical solution for me. Got free old phone from a friend, voice and msg only plan, and wifi when available. Only time I'm not around wifi is when I'm driving, it seems. Like I'm gonna be surfing the net while I drive...

iphone 4 has a beautiful screen. If you haven't seen one in person yet, you're not allowed to say anything about the screen.

rkcstr

I have the iPhone 4 on ATT... I'm not a huge fan of ATT, but it works. What I wish is that I could get better in-building coverage, but that may be an issue with any carrier anymore using higher and higher frequencies. But, 3G coverage is pretty limited and really isn't all that fast, IMO. I'm not sure I'd change carriers just yet, though, as I'm still retaining my grandfathered unlimited data plan, which beats the stupid 2Gb plus overage they currently offer (I ALWAYS go over 2Gb a month).

Anyway, I was able to talk them into giving me an iPhone for the upgrade price before my upgrade was due. Now that it is, though, I'm hoping to get the 5 when it gets here :)