Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Invisible Mouse (uses IR Laser)

HIMNL9

LOL ..... couple it with the immaterial laser keyboard, and you have an official LPF peripherial setup :na: :eg: :crackup:

This is highly hygienic, there those laser keyboard also they use it in medial area. This is a smart move.

Cheech

So I guess we can make these with the Wiimote and a 808 diode? Just like the wii whiteboard?

Lumify

So I guess we can make these with the Wiimote and a 808 diode? Just like the wii whiteboard?

Kipkay to the rescue! You just take an IR diode you can buy WAY overpriced at laserdiy.com and wire it directly to the Wiimote battery pack. Shine it on the table and you have an invisible mouse! :crackup:

Tom & Jerry FTW! I hear Jerry was majorly involved in the research that brought us cheap 445nm diodes!

More on topic (not that I admit I was off topic at all) There may not be all that much need on the consumer market but its totally cool.
Love to use it at a cafe. Would be great fun to have friends use your magic mouse. Needs a smaller more hideable camera tho.

Tom & Jerry FTW! I hear Jerry was majorly involved in the research that brought us cheap 445nm diodes!

More on topic (not that I admit I was off topic at all) There may not be all that much need on the consumer market but its totally cool.
Love to use it at a cafe. Would be great fun to have friends use your magic mouse. Needs a smaller more hideable camera tho.

If it had a better, smoother response I'd get it. It'd be a great solution for laptops.

Cheech

I've been looking for the source code but it seems like it's just a MIT student project. I may e-mail these guys and see if there willing to freeware it.

Would be awesome if you could get them to open source it.
Anyone know of a cheapish really tiny USB cam? :D

Cheech

Probably take the IR filter off any cheap usb cam on ebay.
But this seems like it needs a IR only camera. I did the cam in a box touch mouse, and the wiiwhiteboard, this is another cool addition.
But the lag on the video did seem kinda long.

HIMNL9

Almost all the webcams, actually, don't have anti-IR filters ..... anyway, also better, adding a pass-IR filter just in front of the CCD (a piece of developed, not exposed, diapositive film, you can find small pieces for free from your photographer, is the "queue" part of the roll, that they usually always throw away), this take away anything except IR, making the software working better ..... and i suppose is the same system they used, cause in the image there's only the IR tracks, without any other image .....