Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing myself

Hey All:

I joined the other day but have not introduced myself. You can call me Ray or you can call me Jay or you can call me Ray Jay..um ..nevermind. Only us old timers remember that one.:)

Anyway, great site very informative. I think I've bought components from everyone on this board on e-bay LOL...I recognize a lot of names.

Ray.

Hey Ray, nice to meet you. We need a few more "old timers" on the forum, based on results of a recent, "how old are we" thread.
Judging by your nick we have the same taste in books. :tinfoil:

Tell us what lasers and laser components you have.

Welcome to LPF, remember to use your search bar, respect your fellow forum members, and always observe the proper safety precautions when dealing with any laser. :)

Also, I like the 2001 reference, I just watched that movie last night strangely enough.. :beer:

Hey Ray, nice to meet you. We need a few more "old timers" on the forum, based on results of a recent, "how old are we" thread.
Judging by your nick we have the same taste in books. :tinfoil:

Tell us what lasers and laser components you have.
Hey thanks for writing me!

I have 3 diodes, a 1 watt 808nm a 300mw blue and a 300mw red. I have aixiz modules, LMT317t's, RKCSTR's and a couple of decent breadbaords coming in, momentary switches, caps, just the usual, Nothing too fancy for the first build. Although Im really looking forward to getting my teeth into this.

Thanks
Ray

Last edited:
Welcome to LPF, remember to use your search bar, respect your fellow forum members, and always observe the proper safety precautions when dealing with any laser. :)

Also, I like the 2001 reference, I just watched that movie last night strangely enough.. :beer:
Yes sir I will. I'm sure the only questions I'll ask will be the stupid ones because all the complex stuff has been covered :) Ha! I've been all over this board. It's awesome.

Asherz

Hi and welcome to LPF :)

Hope you enjoy the forum, there's tons of info, and with the recent introduction of the 445nm diodes there's lots of new info flying around :)

hope you enjoy your stay!

Arayan

A Warm Welcome to LPF :beer:
can I suggest to use the edit "button" instead of double posting?

Cheers
Fed

Hi Hal9000,
Welcome! I'm new to the board as well. There is more laser info here than I will ever be able to absorb.
As Martha Stewart would say..."It's a good thing":yabbem:

Enjoy your stay,
Rod