Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing my self, getting out of one hobby and into this one

Hows it going all. My name is kenneth and im 24 and live in iowa. I have been reading over the forums for 2 months now and Im ready to get my first high powered laser. I am really interested in electronics and have a great deal of knowledge about them as my other hobby is restoring and repairing arcade machines. I travel for work all around the country installing wireless networks and I want a new hobby I can carry with me and give me something to do in those boring hotel rooms. I have read allot and understand every safety aspect of these high powered lasers. I have already bought a water tight and lockable pelican case for my future purchase because i have two toddlers and the last thing i want is for them to get this in their hands. When Im at home it will be in its case and locked. I will not be ordering from any chinese or japanese companies. I dont have time to sit around and wait for packages to deliver 3 weeks after i order them and i dont have time to worry about customs. I have decided ill be ordering from survival lasers as its based in the us and looks like the highest of quality. Monday I plan on ordering the 1.4 watt blue laser bundle(including eagle safety glasses) with the stainless steel host, I am stoke and cant wait to have that power in my hands. Anywho here is a pic of my basement and my current obsession , current collection includes: Tekken 4, cruisen usa, street fighter, street fignter 2 turbo, neo geo system, crazy taxi, virtua fighter remix, japanese candy cab with dreamcast, stargate cocktail, tron,pacman, spy hunter
4a1919a0.jpg

Last edited:

Welcome!

A very good choice indeed, going with SL and grabbing Eagle Pair right away. You'll do well here! Also check out builds by RHD, Lazeerer (note the extra "e", not a chinese shop of similar name), Yobresal, and the like down in the BST and Pro-Shop section.

Nice Block of Text you have there...

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Yup I plan on ordering the eagle safety glasses from survival laser

Blord

Love to see your collection of arcade machines. It brings memories back. The classic Pacman or my favorite Galaxian :)