Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Interesting aircraft

Chinese stealth fighter............

J_20_Chinese_Fifth_generation_Fighter_jet_11.jpg

J_20_Chinese_Fifth_generation_Fighter_jet_10.jpg

Tonga

Actually this looks like the F-35 that will replace the F-22 Raptor. The Chinese version
is the J-20.
Tonga,
A discipline of light.

Doesn't look very manueverable. It looks like cheap Chinese crap. lol Yes, that pun was intended.

They copy everything! Let me guess the name of the company that makes these is Wicked Planes?

Wicked Planes, that means the millatary will get them in 2065 :crackup:

No, they will get some but half of them only work for a day and crash.

Actually this looks like the F-35 that will replace the F-22 Raptor. The Chinese version
is the J-20.
Tonga,
A discipline of light.

The F-35 is NOT replacement for the F-22.

The F-22 is an air superiority fighter, replacing the F-15. The F-35 is the Joint Strike Fighter, and is meant for a completely different role. In the Air Force, it will replace the F-16. In the Navy and Marines, it will have different packages to do operations now done by both the Harrier and the F-18, among other roles. Essentially, the F-35 is a jack of all trades and master of none, meant to be able to carry out dozens of different missions for all branches will different modifications to the same plane. The F-22 is the best air superiority fighter ever built, although it is capable of doing other things as well. The US will end up with 187 F-22s as of now, unless Congress orders more in the future.

As far as these things looking alike, of course they look alike, they're designed to do exactly the same thing. They're designed to be stealthy, maneuverable, fast, etc. The method of making something stealthy is well-known, there are only so many ways to really do it, so of course the look will be the same, form is determined by function. Of course they're going to look alike, but it doesn't mean it's just a direct copy. I'm sure they have copied some bits, but the Chinese are no slouches when it comes to developing technology of their own either. In fact when you look at it closely, it's not the same at all. It has the rear wings larger than the front, for one giant difference.

Last edited:

Tonga

Yeah, you are absolutely correct on that! I was being sarcastic. I'm not happy with the current administrations
decision about the F-22. We get the F-35 while I believe the F-22 development is stopped for now. IMO nothing touches the F-22 and to leave it alone now is a big mistake. The F-35 is a fine aircraft but it is not
a replacement for something like the Raptor.