Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Insects, Birds & Heat Waves (Photography)

I took my camera out with me yesterday and came back with at least a hundred pictures, I haven't had much time to sort them out yet but these are the best shots of the day I have managed to pick out. Comments and suggestions please :)

Dragon Fly

Baby Swan

Train Heat Wave

All images are rather large, just click them for full size ;)

k1kb0t

Those are nice Lamborgini, I like the shot of the dragonfly.

Jon

Nice pictures Lambo, Your dragonfly is actually a male, common blue, damselfly.
The way to tell the difference is, when they land, a dragonfly leaves its wings outstretched, a damselfly folds them back.
(it's my job to know this :) )

Regards rog8811

The way to tell the difference is, when they land, a dragonfly leaves its wings outstretched, a damselfly folds them back.

Regards rog8811

Cool, thanks.

Updating :)

Regards rog8811
Beat me to it :D

Would female ones be the ones without the hair do?
Female has the same yellow eye and grey beak, no head tuft and she is shades of brown....

Regards rog8811

so how does a digital camera with a center focus area focus on a blurry object? haha

i was trying to get a good shot of incense burning in a very slow breeze outdoors and i had a bag next to it i had it focus on then pointed it to the smoke. it still didn't come out because of exposure time but i might be able to with more work...

so how does a digital camera with a center focus area focus on a blurry object? haha

i was trying to get a good shot of incense burning in a very slow breeze outdoors and i had a bag next to it i had it focus on then pointed it to the smoke. it still didn't come out because of exposure time but i might be able to with more work...

My camera doesn't just have a center focus area ;)

For that kind of shot I would use a tripod and have the shutter set on a timer with the exposure way down low. If you can just manual focus on the incense.