Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Insane Postage Costs

Hi all,
Has anyone else noticed some of the insane postage costs of very small items on ebay? There is a seller called sunnking selling hene power supplies who uses UPS exclusively.
Well guess how much they are quoting for postage of a hene power supply from US to Australia?.....US$110 !!!!.....that's INSANE!!! I've used couriers to send genuinely heavy stuff overseas and I know that it doesn't cost $110 to send a $14 item that weighs maybe a pound, boxed. Besides, why not send via USPS? Surely it's not that hard.
:confused:

TTerbo

i was sending a laser to someone today, i was going to send it "overnight express" to him (i was going to pay)
i got to the counter and the man said it was going to be like $32
:eek:
i said screw it and sent it normal post for about $5

They do this to avoid paying the high PP fees, they sell item cheaper than usual and + the rest on to the packaging price !!!

HIMNL9

LOL, say it to me ..... i'm in Italy, and there is not so much places, where postal system is more insane than our one :p :D

Same things that can be shipped in the USA for 5$ or similars, here requires at least from 8 to 15 Euro (11 to 20 $), and that what you call EMS, here, for the same package weight cost 50$ :p

But this from ebay is a different thing, is a form of scam or fraud ..... some not honest sellers states their items as 0.99$ starting auctions, but when you go to see their shipping fees, they say 100 or 150 $ or more ..... this is a fraud that must be reported to ebay security, cause, as far as i know, there's no shipping systems that ask you 150$ or more for ship a less-than-1000-grams package somewhere (except, maybe, if your shipping address say "Copernicus Crater, the Moon", or some other exotic places like that LOL)

It's the final cost that matters. If they want to push the cost into the shipping to not have to pay the ebay/paypal tax, I'm good with that so long as it doesn't affect my overall price (and they ship it out quickly).

I paid $170 to UPS a laser to Beijing. :(

-Trevor

well ups is one of the most expensive post company's...but 170 dollars....is that 24/48 hours guaranteed worldwide delivery? if not, they are probaly making huge profits.

and i think this is the wrong forum ;)

Trevor

well ups is one of the most expensive post company's...but 170 dollars....is that 24/48 hours guaranteed worldwide delivery? if not, they are probaly making huge profits.

and i think this is the wrong forum ;)

It was a medium-sized ~3kg package. It had to be shipped via airmail (not by container ship :p ), and I am just about as far from China as I can possibly be (eastern US). DHL and FedEx were going to be more.

-Trevor

Grix

I paid $150 shipping on my projector. It was ~7kg though

omg those are really sick prices. i wouldnt buy something if the shipping was over 100 dollar, thats for sure.

Sunnking does annoy me with their UPS only shipping, but on moderately heavy items the shipping can be a deal. I managed to snag a vapor compression water chiller, the shipping was only $17.