Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Inquiries regarding 405nm laser

Hi all,

After a recent rediscovery of my obsession for lasers, and a few cheap purchases from eBay (bunch of chinese 5mW handhelds), I've decided to actually purchase a proper handheld laser that doesn't feel like just a toy.

Basically, I'm reaching out to the community to help me find via suggestion, personal experiences, etc, a good company of user on this forum from whom I can purchase a 405nm laser. The details are listed below:

Wavelength: 405nm
Power: Prefer to have >100mW, 50 would be okay too though
Housing: Would like it to have a pretty neat case, not just the standard "pen"
Budget: $100, could go as high as $150 (inc. shipping) for the right piece.

Please refrain from making suggestions unless you've had or know others who have had good experiences with the seller. I've seen quite a few across the net that seem super sketchy to me (200mW for $28 + free shipping... :tsk:)

Thank you all for your time!
:) Anthrax

Laserbtb and Jetlasers are both great companies. I would also suggest looking in the buy, sell, trade. Their are many builders on here that could buid it for you. If you didn't mind a pointer, 405nm.com has overspec 405 pointers in the 50 -70mW range for $20.

I would check out SBA. He has built lasers for a few people, including alot of 405nm. If your interested, pm him HERE.