Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Infrared laser wanted. Buy/Trade

Bounty

High power handheld infrared laser wanted, have an Arctic 3 with lens package i am willing to trade if not i will buy.

Thankyou for any responses.

rhd

I have a 900mW 808nm IR that I'd trade for an Arctic if you really wanted it. (I'd be getting the better end of the trade)

Last edited:

Bounty

Im not a huge expert on IR lasers...how would you be getting the better end of the deal? Have you got any pics or links for it?

Cheers.

rhd

To be honest with you -

I don't particularly think the Arctic is a very good laser. But you could sell it for more than it would cost you to buy my 808nm IR laser new. That's the reason :)

Bounty

Ok well thanks for your honesty, my Arctic isnt in tip top condition. Ill check around.

Bounty

Thanks for the recommendation. I need it mainly for burning, i have various blue lasers but i want a good quality ir laser to add to the collection and to compare.
Wont the goggles i have for blue lasers be sufficient enough for an ir beam?

Thanks again.

Wont the goggles i have for blue lasers be sufficient enough for an ir beam?

Thanks again.

No. The goggles you have for blue will almost cetainly NOT protect you from IR. Most IR goggles are either yellow or pink in color and are specifically rated for IR wavelengths. There are some that are rated for multi wavelengths but I've not seen any that will do 445 and 808 or higher.

Bounty

Thankyou for letting me know...i always figured the goggles i have would be sufficient. Very grateful you told me.

Thankyou for letting me know...i always figured the goggles i have would be sufficient. Very grateful you told me.

No problem. Why don't you let us know which model of glasses you have and where you got them from so we can let you know for certain. In general you need a total of three pairs though. One for red, one for blue and IR filtered green, and finally another for IR. (808). I also believe if you go above the common 808nm range there are even others that need to be used but those are more rare.

Bounty

I have one pair i got from WL along with my Arctic 3 and a pair i got off a poster called wannaburn along with 2 lasers i bought from him. They are really good and totally eliminate any beams. I dont have any other colour lasers apart from blue. I want to get green and ir...but ill have to wait for those i think. More i learn about lasers the more i realize just how complicated this business is.

That you mentioned i was looking at the Scorpius pro on laserglow. That was 1064nm...im still a bit unsure what nm stands for in lasers. From what i know nm stands for nanometer which is a unit of measurement...i would of thought that it is the width of the beam diameter but im guessing im wrong about it.

Thats a nice line up of lasers on your profile pic by the way what mw do they range from?

Thats a nice line up of lasers on your profile pic by the way what mw do they range from?

The ones in my avitar are all over the ranges. My oldest is the small silver pen host. It's got to be close to 5mw or under. I bought that thing many many years ago and I think I paid close to $150 - $200 for that thing. :eek:

The rest of the pens are most likely in the 30 - 60mw range. (I don't have an LPM yet) and the big one in the picture is the Survival Laser, which is rated at between 1.0 - 1.3W.

That picture is out of date now though, I have a couple more greens (75 and 125mw) as well as a nice powerful red, a ML Argon, and HeNE.

I also have a custom 405 (blue / violet) that should be here sometimes this week. I just can't keep my avitar image up to date with the amount of lasers I keep buying. :D

Last edited:

Bounty

The ones in my avitar are all over the ranges. My oldest is the small silver pen host. It's got to be close to 5mw or under. I bought that thing many many years ago and I think I paid close to $150 - $200 for that thing. :eek:

The rest of the pens are most likely in the 30 - 60mw range. (I don't have an LPM yet) and the big one in the picture is the Survival Laser, which is rated at between 1.0 - 1.3W.

That picture is out of date now though, I have a couple more greens (75 and 125mw) as well as a nice powerful red, a ML Argon, and HeNE.

I also have a custom 405 (blue / violet) that should be here sometimes this week. I just can't keep my avitar image up to date with the amount of lasers I keep buying. :D

Haha yeah i know what you mean, i have been spending a lot recently on blue lasers. I will hopefully be getting a new one sometime next week, so i intend to put up a nice lineup pic if i get it.

I want to start building up a multicoloured selection as well, but so far i have been getting whats more powerful and burns the best.

Just remember that a laser outputs only one wavelenth
of coherent light... and you need a pair of Laser Safety
Goggles/Glasses that protects (blocks) you from that specific
wavelength.

Jerry