Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

info wanted on aixiz 405 glass lens

I'm pretty sure it is multi-element. I think 3 are in there to be exact. That might be why they seem to offer a nicer dot quality on the 445s.

-Tyler

3 elements. apparently it fit on dorcy jr :D NICE NICE NICE , gonna review in few day when i get it.

BTW, Scopeguy20 is having a delivery of those soon.

Last edited:
I just got off of the phone with them. Aixiz is sold out till Friday, but they also have the full thread version instead of the half but you have to ask for it.

It was pretty funny, the guy said "I don't know why there has been such a mad dash for these lenses!" or something similar

:D

Imagine their surprise when this hobby first got started and their modules suddenly began selling themselves

I just got off of the phone with them. Aixiz is sold out till Friday, but they also have the full thread version instead of the half but you have to ask for it.

It was pretty funny, the guy said "I don't know why there has been such a mad dash for these lenses!" or something similar

:D
Well you were not talking to the owner. He has known about the blue frenzy since a few days after the newz broke.

I am surprized he did not order enough to keep them in stock.

I am sending him a diode to check out.

I have 60 lenses on the way---and 6 diodes left.

Price for casio diodes in now down to a low of 90.00 on Feebay, shipped free from Cal.

BE CAREFUL GUYS (& girl)-wear your eye protection at all times.--hak in Texas

Well you were not talking to the owner. He has known about the blue frenzy since a few days after the newz broke.

I am surprized he did not order enough to keep them in stock.

I am sending him a diode to check out.

I have 60 lenses on the way---and 6 diodes left.

Price for casio diodes in now down to a low of 90.00 on Feebay, shipped free from Cal.

BE CAREFUL GUYS (& girl)-wear your eye protection at all times.--hak in Texas
Still too pricy!

It will not be much longer till they can be had for less than $50.

Here's hoping they get some in stock tomorrow!

XysteR

It will not be much longer till they can be had for less than $50.

Here's hoping they get some in stock tomorrow!

I very much doubt they will drop by a substantial amount, they may even go up. Remember, the only way we can harvest these at the mo is via the casio projectors. The price of the projectors would have to drop a lot to get the diode prices down. I believe its possible that casio may develope a way to stop us harvesting the diodes from future projectors - If that happens the prices will sky rocket again unless we can find out who supplies casio with the diodes in the first place. My guess is that either casio make these diodes themselves, or the contract from said possible supplier to casio, is solely to casio.

Even if such a contract existed and we found out who supplies the diodes to casio i very much doubt anyone would be able to afford the minimum order cos they'd probably be in 10's of thousands. An order of 1000 diodes would only make around 400 projectors for casio, thats a tiny amount if you look into how many they must have sold worldwide.

I very much doubt they will drop by a substantial amount, they may even go up. Remember, the only way we can harvest these at the mo is via the casio projectors. The price of the projectors would have to drop a lot to get the diode prices down. I believe its possible that casio may develope a way to stop us harvesting the diodes from future projectors - If that happens the prices will sky rocket again unless we can find out who supplies casio with the diodes in the first place. My guess is that either casio make these diodes themselves, or the contract from said possible supplier to casio, is solely to casio.

Even if such a contract existed and we found out who supplies the diodes to casio i very much doubt anyone would be able to afford the minimum order cos they'd probably be in 10's of thousands. An order of 1000 diodes would only make around 400 projectors for casio, thats a tiny amount if you look into how many they must have sold worldwide.

Way to bring up a dead thread and make a fool of yourself all at once :D

I sell the diodes from this projector for $35.00, I would say that is a good bit down from $50.

XysteR

Way to bring up a dead thread and make a fool of yourself all at once :D

I sell the diodes from this projector for $35.00, I would say that is a good bit down from $50.

Make a fool of myself? lol nar, i'm talking down to bluray diode prices :D

What?

They are already lower than bluray diode prices. Please tell me where you can get a 5.6mm bluray diode that does 1W for around 40 bucks.

These diodes have already topped bluray diodes ten fold, the closest in price is a 6x, and they only do 200mW with nowhere near the same visibility. There is no comparison, this diode gets you the most visible power for the least amount of cash.