Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

inconsistent censoring here on LPF

Okay I have a question and possibly a gripe. Why is it that what most would consider perfectly acceptable words are **** in posts? They aren't even profane words mostly. I have had many words auto-censored by this forum. HOWEVER, I have also seen actual profanity used and not censored.
So WTH? Does the admins of this site have some serious hangups about descriptives that may suggest, well I can't even write the damn word, it sounds like rex but with an s. So SHIT and ASS are fine to write but, a word that rimes with plexy is considered profane? This is ridiculous! It makes me feel like this forum is controlled my some very ***ually repressive individuals. I'd love to hear the logic behind this inconsistent censoring. I am all for not allowing profanity in forums as it keeps the place respectable but this is kind of absurd.

I'm not trying to tell the LPF what to do but would like to know why they do what they do.

Last edited:

You can use pictures like the one below instead:
Srsly though, I can confirm it can be annoying sometimes.

picking-mushrooms_o_1111170.jpg

Last edited:
Its not that bad, just Imagine if it wasnt censored, when you seach those words in google LPF MIght come up! Theres bound to be a bigger picture, I would respect this forum more with censored words than without,
I dont care about swearwords but I think it is respectful being censored

Its not that bad, just Imagine if it wasnt censored, when you seach those words in google LPF MIght come up! Theres bound to be a bigger picture, I would respect this forum more with censored words than without,
I dont care about swearwords but I think it is respectful being censored

I agree its not the end of the world as well as the need for censorship on forums. As I said it keeps the place respectable and less attractive to riff raff. However it is quite an odd standard to allow swearing but not adjectives that are used by just about everyone in many settings.

Does anyone truly take offense to a person using the word rexy with an s in a descriptive context? If so it must be a very hard life to interact with others. No its not a big deal but is quite odd IMO.
Cheers

Would be nice if beam ***** (D U M P S) wasn't censored :)

That's a very good point showing this irrational double standard perfectly. I would have to assume the word D-U-M-P-S is censored because it MAY refer to a pile of excrement yet the word SHIT is allowed which by definition means exactly that.
Weird.

The reason i bring it up is because I have written a handful of very respectful and appropriate posts and when previewed had to go back and change words that I would never expect would be censored nor offensive. Its more just annoying due to its lack of logic and obvious double standard.

O well. Its still a great forum but like any other forum does have its minor annoyances.

rhd

What about the word *****ter?

Unbelievable. No more *****ter diving, better call it "really large outdoor trash can diving".

Last edited:
Yes I have found myself censored when I wasn't even mad at any one :crackup: and yes it is frustrating when your trying to get a point across and it comes out ****

So can one of the mods or even Avery speak up and let us know what the point is for censoring the word *** ???

I can say cock or ass wipe or shit on a flag pole but I can not say *** how come ???

Thanks...

Okay I have a question and possibly a gripe. Why is it that what most would consider perfectly acceptable words are **** in posts? They aren't even profane words mostly. I have had many words auto-censored by this forum. HOWEVER, I have also seen actual profanity used and not censored.
So WTH? Does the admins of this site have some serious hangups about descriptives that may suggest, well I can't even write the damn word, it sounds like rex but with an s. So SHIT and ASS are fine to write but, a word that rimes with plexy is considered profane? This is ridiculous! It makes me feel like this forum is controlled my some very ***ually repressive individuals. I'd love to hear the logic behind this inconsistent censoring. I am all for not allowing profanity in forums as it keeps the place respectable but this is kind of absurd.

I'm not trying to tell the LPF what to do but would like to know why they do what they do.

ARG

Spagheti is also censored (when spelled correctly)

I think the words are censored for some reason relating to advertisements.

Yes I have found myself censored when I wasn't even mad at any one :crackup: and yes it is frustrating when your trying to get a point across and it comes out ****

So can one of the mods or even Avery speak up and let us know what the point is for censoring the word *** ???

I can say cock or ass wipe or shit on a flag pole but I can not say *** how come ???

Thanks...

@Flaminpyro- I think your avatar is the greatest avatar of all time!

I am glad i am not the only person to find this whacky censoring standard not only annoying but quite unnecessary and in effective. Its not really serving any purpose but instead makes it harder to communicate. If I was the admin here and a member or even a small group of people in the community expressed their offense by the words being auto censored I would honestly believe they were pulling my leg.

This censoring of common everyday non profane words yet allowing actual profanity is silly, serves no realistic purpose, and does effect communication. Maybe... if a person is offended by the word S-E-X-Y or D-U-M-P, the internet is not a good place for them to spend their time, lol!

Last edited:
If we put our own stars in then we are only one letter out from the whole naughty word instead of stars for 2 or 3 letters,
*ucken *exy *itch
imagine if the mods get like a notification every time a word gets censored, then here we start testing our words out in this thread.... lol

USAbro

Spagheti is sensored? Now will pasta be sensored next.
How is it that regular curse words aren't, but other words are?
Not that I would ever use them in normal talk, all I'm saying it's kinda strange. Would try to pm Avery but I don't want to wake up the beast.

Last edited:
Spαghetti. Nope its not
Spagheti is sensored? Now will pasta be sensored next. Fuck. Ass. ***. ***ual. Shit. Damn. Crap. Hell.
How is it that regular curse words aren't, but s*x is? Just leave a space: s e x : ..................... se xual

Not that I would ever use them in normal talk, all I'm saying it's kinda strange. Would try to pm Avery but I don't want to wake up the beast.

Spagheti is sensored? Now will pasta be sensored next. Fuck. Ass. ***. ***ual. Shit. Damn. Crap. Hell.
How is it that regular curse words aren't, but s*x is? Just leave a space: s e x : ..................... se xual

Hey look USABro got to say Fuck, i wonder if it was the comma

Last edited: