Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm Torn

J

jangles

I don't care about melting stuff or lighting matches any so I'm looking at either the nova x 15mw or the 25mw How much of a difference will I notice between the 2 units pointing either one into the night sky?
Thanks
J :-?

i would go for the 25 as it would have a much brighter beam than the 15. (they are usually overpowered)

a 25 is also enough to see the beam inside your house during the day in good lighting. it might even be able to pop a sharpied balloon. the 15 has a visible dot in direct sunlight and a decent visible beam at night

My recommendation is to always go with the most powerful unit that you can afford. Most of the time after owning a lower powered unit, you will wish you had paid a little extra for something better.

Ace82

It depends on your application.  Because the X-15 will most likely give you 20-25mW but these lasers are designed to be low powered, and that's why their price isn't much lower then the X-75.  You defiantly wouldn't want to use a x-25 or higher for presentations, but for the laser hobby, the X-75 is an excellent choice, and it's just $70 more then the X-15 and it's about ~60mW more powerful.  My X-75 peaks at 94mW (according to Nova).   I would suggest you get the X-75, unless you are seeking a low powered laser for your use.