Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

im new to lasers, which should i get?

dean_b

i was looking on novalasers for a decent laser. im 13 yrs old and just want a laser that will go far and be very bright. im not sure which to get, x105 or an alpha? how do lasers compare, for example, if i was debating over an x85 and alpha 85, which is stronger?

Well the x85 no longer exists neither does the x105 but you can get the x100 or x75 instead. If you look around the forum Nova lasers is one of the most respected laser companies to buy from. the alpha and x series are equal in power but the alpha will have better battery life than the x series. I haven't ordered from them but i have heard nothing but good.

Personaly i dont see why somone would go with the alpha, (altho someone may prove me wrong). The alpha has all those saftey features which for me would get on my nerves, especialy the 3 second delay from when you press the switch to when it comes on. For the large price differane between them i dont really see the pros outweighng the cost differance.

Almost forgot, good choice to go with nova i jus got my x-65 today, that thing is bright but i kinda wish i woulda gotten the x-75 since i was only 20 more but they didnt have that at the time it was bought.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

I agree with wooooooolazer all the safety features on the alpha would get very annoying (to me) especially the delay. If your worried about safety you could always get the key switch for the x series and you would still save a bunch of money.

dean_b

thanks, is there any other info i should know on accsessories and safety? also, what about the discount code? is there anyway someone could give that to me, or tell me how to get it? i need it

The discount code is WARP5. On the accesories i would suggest you get then lense holder it even comes with a colaminating lense, it will focus the dot at about an inch which will make it burn or light a match a ton faster... Lense holder

For saftey just make sure to not point at any living animal or person, or no moving vehicles. I would also suggest to get some eye goggles, they might seem kinda expensive but compared to your eyes there cheap... Goggles

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Nova has been the best laser buy I have made (X-85). The beam looked like a solid green stick reaching high into the night sky. It is fairly easy to get a good bright beam for less $ though, and if you don't want to burn anything, and can't buy eye protection, please be careful, maybe get under 60 mW to start out with. Your eyes are a one time item in life. Deep red glasses can ease the brightness of green lasers to help eyes, us astronomers have used them from way back, and they can be fairly cheep (thrift store or 99 cent store?) Also some lasers are very easy to mod and less than $100 like the LaserGlow Galileo! :) :) :)

dean_b

should i also get the optics? and is there any other discount codes? lol

Gazoo

If you are going to get an X, spend the extra $20.00 and get the package. It is well worth it.