Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Laser Pointer Store

Im new here

Snake_X

New member
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
15
Likes
0
Points
0
Hi, I just joined :)
 

lasersbee

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
17,447
Likes
1,553
Points
113
Welcome to the forum....

You're going to need to work hard to gain the confidence and trust
of the members here with a name like that.... ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Jerry
 

T_Warne

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
1,528
Likes
208
Points
63
Snake_X,
welcome to LPF. There is a wealth of information to be found here if you are willing to look for it. If you really get stuck and can not find what you need, someone will usually point you in the right direction.

Good luck and have fun!
TW
 

Snake_X

New member
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
15
Likes
0
Points
0
lasersbee said:
Welcome to the forum....

You're going to need to work hard to gain the confidence and trust
of the members here with a name like that.... ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Jerry
what do you mean? ::)
 

Jaseth

New member
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
1,641
Likes
76
Points
0
Snake_X said:
[quote author=lasersbee link=1239571403/0#2 date=1239579229]Welcome to the forum....

You're going to need to work hard to gain the confidence and trust
of the members here with a name like that.... ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Jerry
what do you mean?    ::)[/quote]
We usually call people who do not stand by their word, lie about other members and/or scam others "snakes". Jerry was just joking around, welcome to the forum ;)
 

Lotus_Darkrose

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
1,859
Likes
91
Points
48
Welcome, Snake_X.

I like snakes, in a reptilian sense  ;)

This is my Ribbon Snake. She's about a year and a half old. 3 feet long last time I measured her shed. Although she just shed last night and I need to take that out of her tank yet.


I got a Garter Snake from the wild a year before I got her. They were getting along GREAT for the first month. Then the ribbon snake had his head in her mouth trying to steal a goldfish from him. So I decided it best to let the garter back into the wild. Some time passed since I let the garter snake go, and I guess they were getting along extra well because I found 11 baby Ribbon/Garter snakes in the tank.

Here's a picture of 2 of the babies:
 

Jaseth

New member
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
1,641
Likes
76
Points
0
Lotus_Darkrose said:
Welcome, Snake_X.

I like snakes, in a reptilian sense  ;)

This is my Ribbon Snake. She's about a year and a half old. 3 feet long last time I measured her shed. Although she just shed last night and I need to take that out of her tank yet.


I got a Garter Snake from the wild a year before I got her. They were getting along GREAT for the first month. Then the ribbon snake had his head in her mouth trying to steal a goldfish from him. So I decided it best to let the garter back into the wild. Some time passed since I let the garter snake go, and I guess they were getting along extra well because I found 11 baby Ribbon/Garter snakes in the tank.

Here's a picture of 2 of the babies:
Way to turn a simple welcome thread into an amazing picture thread :eek: Those snakes are really pretty! I've always wanted to have one myself but there are so many odd laws about snakes where I live. I guess it's like lasers.. if you don't understand them and you have heard of dangerous ones, just ban them all.
 

Lotus_Darkrose

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
1,859
Likes
91
Points
48
Lol, I've always liked snakes. I let the 11 babies go in the woods at my Mom's old house (The same place I caught and let the garter snake go) because they were showing many many wild characteristics due to the wild garter snake in them.

After seeing pictures of someone's Giant Millipede in the pets thread on here, I really want one of those now as I have an extra tank and they seem very easy to take care of.

I have cats too, but pets like snakes and such are sometimes just so fun to watch  :)

Have fun on the forums though, Snake. There is TONS of fun stuff on here that will intrigue/impress/amaze you. Read up and enjoy the ride.
 
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
374
Likes
8
Points
0
Hi snake_X as for lasers it either because a short little buy for you or a real hobby. I started with a pointer from China for 40 bucks that was supposed to be a red 200mW.  ::) Now I have several powerful pointers and I'm even working on building my own. Watch out if you get caught into a real laser hobby.

Lotus_Darkrose said:
Welcome, Snake_X.

I like snakes, in a reptilian sense  ;)

This is my Ribbon Snake. She's about a year and a half old. 3 feet long last time I measured her shed. Although she just shed last night and I need to take that out of her tank yet.


I got a Garter Snake from the wild a year before I got her. They were getting along GREAT for the first month. Then the ribbon snake had his head in her mouth trying to steal a goldfish from him. So I decided it best to let the garter back into the wild. Some time passed since I let the garter snake go, and I guess they were getting along extra well because I found 11 baby Ribbon/Garter snakes in the tank.

Here's a picture of 2 of the babies:
On the topic of snakes, I just found this gopher snake near a busy street last night about to be run over!



Have to let him go today much further away up in the hills!

I've heard you aren't supposed to keep wild snakes, as for me I have no clue how to care for one I thought it might be a boa because it was about 5 feet long. Snake lovers confirmed it was a gopher snake for me.
 

Lotus_Darkrose

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
1,859
Likes
91
Points
48
Dang, that is a nice looking snake you saved, man!

As for food, I feed my ribbon snake raw catfish with calcium powder (She freakin loves catfish). And a couple times a month I give her a pinkie mouse or in spring/summer a nice big frog ;)

BTW if anyone has ever fed a frog to a snake they make the most horrific noise while getting eaten...
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
3,588
Likes
80
Points
0
Lotus_Darkrose said:
Dang, that is a nice looking snake you saved, man!

As for food, I feed my ribbon snake raw catfish with calcium powder (She freakin loves catfish). And a couple times a month I give her a pinkie mouse or in spring/summer a nice big frog  ;)

BTW if anyone has ever fed a frog to a snake they make the most horrific noise while getting eaten...
Video or didn't happens.


;D ;D ;D ;D
-Greg
 

Jaseth

New member
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
1,641
Likes
76
Points
0
Wow those are some messed up sounds :D I love how the snake almost ties itself in a knot in the beginning trying to catch the frog ;D and how the legs stick out of the mouth close to the end..
Once again, lovely snake :)
 




Top