Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm gonna flip out please help

I just finally recieced my last part for my phr build. Dr lavas driver preset at 115 mA.. I soldered everything be turned it on and it worked. It was dim from t
he start but it burned so I was like ok it's good enough. I got maybe 5 minutes use and I turned it on again and it went bright that. Dimmed.
Please help I spent 100 bucks I can't waste it.
Please

tony70516 said:
I just finally recieced my last part for my phr build. Dr lavas driver preset at 115 mA.. I soldered everything be turned it on and it worked. It was dim from t
he start but it burned so I  was like ok it's good enough. I got maybe 5 minutes use and I turned it on again and it went bright that. Dimmed.
Please help I spent 100 bucks I can't waste it.
Please
Sounds to me that from the start the "short the capasitor" thing , but I could be wrong. [smiley=beer.gif]

drlava

since it 'went bright' that means it died of an over current condition, my first guess would be that some part of the driver touched your host casing, causing a fault.

Krutz

does it still lase, but drops in brightness quickly? or did it flash-die?
if its still lasing, i would guess weak battery (9v battery?) which cant deliver the energy (no matter at what voltage). or its a heat-problem. i expect you put your diode into an aixiz housing? should be enough heatsinking by itself for minutes actually.. perhaps the diode isnt properly pressed into the housing?

manuel

i think the only thing that coulde happened is that i held the soldering iron on for too long.. but its a dorcy so its a 3v lithium cell. but im buying a new diode toorrow anyway hopefully this problem wont happen again.