Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

I'm Back!

Lasermodder

Hello! I have been out of the hobby for over a year now. The reason for leaving was I was getting into keeping a rather odd creature, know as the blue spotted ribbontail ray, I have a 370 gallon tank, and that cost a lot of money and time I could not put into lasers. Recently, I have changed my budget to allow for me to get back into this hobby, and I can't wait to get started. :D

CHICHIOJA2

Welcome back! Saltwater tanks are a extremely high cost hobby. I had a 29 gallon spf reef tank with about $5000 in it and like i said it was just 29 gallons lol. Plus your a slave to it, constant water changes, water quality checking, ect.... so time consuming. Beautiful to look at though. Got any pics of your Ray?

sinner

Sounds pretty awesome, pics :D and Welcome back :beer:

Lasermodder

Welcome back! Saltwater tanks are a extremely high cost hobby. I had a 29 gallon spf reef tank with about $5000 in it and like i said it was just 29 gallons lol. Plus your a slave to it, constant water changes, water quality checking, ect.... so time consuming. Beautiful to look at though. Got any pics of your Ray?
Very true, and in a tank this size, water changes are a bear. I have to replace 5 gallons every three days.
These pictures are hosted on one of my own sites, as I can't click on manage attachments for whatever reason, I hope that's OK.

Last edited:

ped

That's an astonishing creature.

I have exotic pets myself.

KapHn8d

Welcome back!

Marine biology was my favorite class in high school. I had 5 salt tanks my entire junior and senior years (nothing exotic, no reefs, and I lived on the ocean, so they were not high maintenance for me). You ray is awesome. The transition for me was fairly easy after graduation. I was down to one tank and a friend gifted me a spotted moray for my birthday. It systematically ate everything in the tank... so I guess it weened me off the hobby for the time being. :)

Anyway, when time permits, I plan on getting back into it. Of course, several decades has passed, so I'll need to freshen up my noggin.

Cheers!

c

Lasermodder

That's an astonishing creature.

I have exotic pets myself.
Cool, what kind?
Welcome back, and nice Ray. :yh:
Thanks
Welcome back!

Marine biology was my favorite class in high school. I had 5 salt tanks my entire junior and senior years (nothing exotic, no reefs, and I lived on the ocean, so they were not high maintenance for me). You ray is awesome. The transition for me was fairly easy after graduation. I was down to one tank and a friend gifted me a spotted moray for my birthday. It systematically ate everything in the tank... so I guess it weened me off the hobby for the time being. :)

Anyway, when time permits, I plan on getting back into it. Of course, several decades has passed, so I'll need to freshen up my noggin.

Cheers!

c
Very cool, I recommend a nice large shark and ray tank, lot's of personality.

Thanks for all of the replies! I will post a picture of the shark in the tank latter tonight.

KRNAZNBOY

WELCOME BACK FELLOW CALIFORNIAN!

If you need some LPMing, or anything, PM me, always love to help with watever i can!

:beer:
Matt

Last edited: