Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm Back - With an announcement

Hi all. Sorry for my long absence the past few weeks/months - I plan to be more active on the forum again now. Especially sorry to people I had deals with that went unresolved in my absence. I believe I have already sent out PMs to all of you to fix the situation with compensation, but if I forgot anyone, please PM or e-mail at pseudonomen137@gmail.com (on the road ATM so phone probably ain't the best plan).

In other news, Greg and I have some exciting (IMO) news. Armed with a good bit of funding, and Coherent FieldMax II TO meters with 50 microwatt resolution PM3 sensors, we will be doing a bit of laser company testing. Both of us will anonymously purchase from various important companies and provide unbiased information about the lasers - particularly how well they live up to their advertised specs. For my part, I plan to put up a small website/database that posts not just a large amount of raw data about the power tests, but also derived numbers to rate how much you can or can't expect a laser seller's products to be honestly advertised and put out the mWs they claim.

How is this different than what we've done in the past? Well this wouldn't be my first time doing this, but without disclosing any dollar amounts, this will be the first time any of us have pursued the task with anywhere near the budget Greg and I hope to work with over the coming months :). So I'm hoping we'll get some conclusive data out in the open for all of us to benefit from.

So there's my little teaser. Usually I get too lazy to follow through on most of my teasers, but with Greg around to remind me of my job, I'll be sure follow this one through ;). We have specific types of lasers we're supposed to pursue to keep getting funding and I daresay we can make pretty good choices on our own, but if you have any enlightened ideas of stuff for us to review, I'm always open to suggestions! (don't ask for me to just review something because you're considering purchasing it yourself! We need to review a diverse assortment of lasers and companies that will benefit everyone.)

Till I get some internet around Santa Fe, see y'all!

Key:
Greg = SenKat
Santa Fe = 200 miles away

daguin

pseudonomen137 said:
Key:
Greg = SenKat
Santa Fe = 200 miles away
Texas = Laser Central

There. I fixed it for you

Peace,
dave

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
great to see you back, carter!

So a website containing unbiased test data from heaps of lasers? Using a top notch meter?

That sounds excellent ;) How are you getting all the funding to pay for all the units? Can you do the high powered greenies DX have ordered in first? ;D

daguin

Murudai said:
So a website containing unbiased test data from heaps of lasers? Using a top notch meter?

That sounds excellent ;) How are you getting all the funding to pay for all the units? Can you do the high powered greenies DX have ordered in first? ;D

Coyotes need lasers with which to signal each other. :p

Peace,
dave

Glad to see you back, that 170mW CNI I bought from you is doing great.

VW

Sounds good to me, it will be interesting to see what selection of lasers you guys will be testing...

diachi

I cant wait to see the results, although I am curious because you said "We have specific types of lasers we're supposed to pursue to keep getting funding"

So where are you getting this funding, it must be from somewhere other than yourself and SenKat .

Anyway, Looking forward to results.

Diachi

daguin

Diachi said:
So where are you getting this funding, it must be from somewhere other than yourself and SenKat .
Diachi

Get your own job/business.

Peace,
dave

chido

daguin said:
Coyotes need lasers with which to signal each other. :p
happy0188.gif
OMG this is the funniest thing I've heard all day. I guess you should know about this stuff since you live in California. ;D

daguin

chido said:
[quote author=daguin link=1212765472/0#4 date=1212770619]Coyotes need lasers with which to signal each other. :p
happy0188.gif
OMG this is the funniest thing I've heard all day. I guess you should know about this stuff since you live in California. ;D[/quote]

The border patrol and I are old buddies. ;)

When I was younger I hunted fur at night in the desert southeast of here and fished out of San Felipe quite often. My camper had no windows so many border agents have seen the inside of my old truck.

And I have seen their a**sses climbing into it.

Peace,
dave

Yep, we have some pretty nice help on the funding. You can trust we'll both be as unbiased as possible - I daresay I have a track record of pissing off companies I'm friendly with when they turn bad (cough cough WL) but for now we've agreed to not disclose where the $$s coming from. Its utterly irrelevant and would only lead to stupid accusations. Let just say someone has been very generous, and it will go far towards helping increase our own awareness, smiting those companies that prey on uninformed, and saluting those that stay honest above expectations.

Hemlock Mike said:
Does SenKat know about this announcement?
Mike

Does he know that I made this post, or that he's gunna be testing a ****load of lasers over the next few months? ;D

Haha, well I dunno if he's seen this post yet, but we talked it over before I made it. He saying I'm spilling the beans or something?