Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IgorT 170 mW 6x

Batch 2 recipient here. I'll start this off I suppose.

I recently got my long awaited Igor laser. The wait of ~2 months was DEFINITELY WORTH IT! This is such a solid build.

Host:
The host is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I read the dimensions, looked at pictures, and done every other trick in the book, but I was far from prepared for the outcome. This little thing is TINY (In a good way, in my opinion)! It is easily the size of my middle finger. The host itself is 3.75" long, not counting the focusing ring and the button that slightly stick out (Counting both of them the total build would be 4.01"), and is also 0.75 in width/diamater. The protected 3.7v battery is over 1/2 the size of the build! The host is aesthetically beautiful and charming to look at. Its wonderful touch and "weighty" feel cannot be shown through words or pictures. Despite its size, I feel as if I could run over it with a car and still not have it hurt (not that I'd test this theory!)

Pictured below is the host with the GITD dustcap on.

bodysize.JPG

Laser:
The laser itself is pure beauty! The color and warmth of the powerful 405 nm light fills my eyes and heart with a myriad of joyful feelings.
beem.JPG

beem2.JPG

Tailcaps:
GITD tailcaps are the best, from a neon lamp when the lights are off:
body+litgitd.JPG

To a glowing green natural effect when the lights are on:
body+gitddustcap.JPG

tl;dr: Get this while he's still making them! Batch 3 is still open!
10/10!

siop

very nice eh. I recieved mine today as well from batch #2. Mine is set at 200mW. Pure Beauty. Will post a review once I get pics taken comparing it to my current 100mW blu ray.

LaserHawk said:
very nice eh. I recieved mine today as well from batch #2. Mine is set at 200mW. Pure Beauty. Will post a review once I get pics taken comparing it to my current 100mW blu ray.
Damn straight! This is the best laser I've owned so far. My 200 mW kryton is great, but it's hard to adjust and quite large. Neither of these are the builder's or producer's faults, it's still an excellent laser for home use!

Thanks for your review ThOughts! I can't find any host I think is better, and I want to get a red laser in the same size host in black. The black will tell me at a glance which is red. btw, so far, I have bought about 8 Igor built lasers, but all but 4 were for pals! So I am not hording them! LOL! ;D ;D ;D

scopeguy20 said:
Thanks for your review ThOughts!  I can't find any host I think is better, and I want to get a red laser in the same size host in black.  The black will tell me at a glance which is red.  btw, so far, I have bought about 8 Igor built lasers, but all but 4 were for pals!  [highlight]So I am not hording them!  LOL![/highlight]  ;D ;D ;D
Who ever said there was an issue with that? :D ;D

Jaseth

I have one too and I love it ;D
Such a beautiful light and awesome, clean and solid build all over. As you say, you can use it as a temporary flashlight when the dust cap is on.. and I have actually used this several times :b
I don't see this thing ever breaking or even getting boring :) I got it at about 170mW cause I want it to last forever..

Spoz

I have a host almost identical to this, that I am waiting on a machined part for to complete. Can you post some details how you arranged everything in the tiny cavity?

daguin

Spoz said:
I have a host almost identical to this, that I am waiting on a machined part for to complete. Can you post some details how you arranged everything in the tiny cavity?

I don't believe that IgorT has publicly exposed the design of his module in any detailed way.

Peace,
dave

Spoz

Not another intellectual property discussion....

I've worked out how to fit a momentary side switch in mine, I'm just curious how others have done it as the aixiz + flexdrive is a very tight fit, and the end tube needs more than 6 turns to fully seat (so you need long connecting wires)