Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If You've Actually Received Your Spyder III Arctic - Post Here

DrSid

He showed he had two pairs of glasses .. so he did not actually had to take them off.

that beam looks good, the square dot looks good too, I am excited now seeing his vids, it burns a little bit even when focused to infinity

I dint know where to post this so i figured sense the video links were posted here it would make sense. If you watch his Burning leather video as soon as he presses the button it goes dim. anyone notice that? Does anyone know what that is called when it does that?

Sorry if its the wrong place to post this but just want to know if you guys caught that.:confused:

M4Real

Can somebody please post a picture of the safety glasses that come with the Arctic?

DrSid

I dint know where to post this so i figured sense the video links were posted here it would make sense. If you watch his Burning leather video as soon as he presses the button it goes dim. anyone notice that? Does anyone know what that is called when it does that?

Sorry if its the wrong place to post this but just want to know if you guys caught that.:confused:

Not sure how is it called. But I'm quite sure it's just camera's reaction to the change of brightness of the scene.

I just watched it in 1080p that part and kept hitting repeat and it is the camcorder. Just want to know. Dame screens play tricks on your eyes.

Not sure how is it called. But I'm quite sure it's just camera's reaction to the change of brightness of the scene.

I think its called whitebalance, or exposure settings, i dont remember though

Heleno

I think this is latest video on youtube.
user ciphoenix
Arctic burning plastic bag -- not something really special, and crappy footage.
this user also wrote a Review on the Arctic.
it looks a bit messed up... but that is a review... one of the first reviews... ok it sucks...
Has anyone found any other nice reviews? or pictures/movies?
ok - 2am in my time zone.
see you tomorrow guys.
regards.

DrSid

DrSid , How hot or warm does the ouside of the host get after the laser being on for that 2min run?

I did not made those videos. User 'Swift' posted them on lasercommunity.com (half-official forum of Wicked Lasers).

It came.

32551120.jpg

Order #4735*

Last edited:
I got mine, too. It's a G1. The fit/finish are pretty decent and the power seems to be within the general ballpark of what's claimed. The beam starts out as a rectangle about 1.5x5mm at aperture, expands to about a ~6mm circle at ~5 feet, and then expands to a rectangle again beyond that. It will smoke black electrical tape pretty quick, and I melted a hole in a plastic milk bottle cap in a few seconds. The divergence isn't super impressive, but overall I think I got a fairly reasonable deal for the money, especially considering what a laser of this power class would have cost just a few months ago. I give Wicked a B+ for price/power ratio, fit & finish, and overall value, and a C for beam divergence.

I'm in the middle of moving, so no photos or video for a week or two.

My arctic also came in today.

Im measuring 855mw and 935mw without the regular aperture cap. One thing i noticed is that it did not have the mw output drop that we have with our DIY, it held those output powers pretty steady.

Heleno

My arctic also came in today.

Im measuring 855mw and 935mw without the regular aperture cap. One thing i noticed is that it did not have the mw output drop that we have with our DIY, it held those output powers pretty steady.

hum!
that is indeed interesting news!
I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could post pictures of the manual - is it possible?
Regards