Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If you won the lottery

If you won the lottery, what laser products you would buy? 1W of 561nm? 20 Ehgemus builds? Hundreds of diodes and hosts? My list is fairly power heavy, and simple.

1.5W 473nm CW near TEM00

1W of 561 (of course)

2.5W (yes, 2500mW) of 589nm

Then after that, it'd be the highest power working argon I could find, and tons of diodes and mounts, mirrors, and dichros to do some epic knife edging to all culminate into a 10W+ RGB using PROPER blue.

And with a few millions after that, I'll be buying some ehgemus builds and gather some of the $2000+ diodes and make some awesome builds to further dill in my wavelength scale, then the dozens of different gas lasers. Gold vapor, copper vapor, etc. And after that? Well who knows!

What about ya'll? What laser stuff would YOU buy after winning the lottery?

I don't know what ever I could get shipped to the deserted island I am purchasing.

Trevor

577nm Coherent Taipan.

And I'd bribe a Canon exec to ship me a preproduction 1DX. Waiting on my preorder is killing me.

And that's about it. Simple life. :)

Trevor

If I won the Lottery I would buy this Forum and :banned: bloompyle
Better hope I don't win it...:eg:

Jerry

Last edited:
A freaking lightsaber man.

If I won the lottery, I'll definitely hire a renowned engineer and a theoretical physicist to help me build my concept lightsaber:
nxuo9w.png
  • It will contain 14 or more 5W copper laser modules (not sure what wavelength yet) side by side in a circle.
  • A high-strength, space-grade ceramic pole will stretch 4 feet out from the handle and topped off with a ceramic disk.
  • Internal heatsink and modules will be cooled by a hi-speed fan at the end of the handle.
  • I will grow a jedi braid.
:drool:

Last edited:
It depends on how much money we're talking about...

Enough for me to get something nice but not enough to really affect my life: Rigel HV Pro-50 from LaserGlow.

Enough for me to live comfortably on the rest of my life: a house, a new car, a 1,000,000V Tesla Coil, my own Ham radio tower and a SteppIR 10-15-20-40-80 7 element Yagi, a Yaesu FT-897D, a new computer, oh and the strongest 593.5nm labby money can buy.

I'd buy a planetarium with some insane projectors, and 5000W sound system.

And lets not forget the scantily clad 19y waitresses, buffet tables, full bar, and the happy ending room in the back.

Stix62

And lets not forget the scantily clad 19y waitresses, buffet tables, full bar, and the happy ending room in the back.

I was going to say I probably wouldn't give lasers a second thought If I won the lottery, but I've changed my mind :D

If I won a huge amount of money I'd be dead, or in a coma in under month.

But what a way to go. :eg:

Call me as soon as it's open.... I'll be a regular customer....:eg:

Jerry

Blord

OMG, what a bunch of greedies here. :D

I would donate a large portion to charity. Why not help your fellow people. A better world start with yourself.

I would donate a large portion to charity. Why not help your fellow people. A better world start with yourself.

Well obviously, but I said laser stuff :p

And Jerry, that was a little rude wasn't it? Would it hurt to at least TRY to be professional? At least in MY threads. Thanks :)

Last edited:

From my experience donating money doesn't help as much as donating your time, which I already do. Even if you donate a tremendous amount of money tt doesn't get very far or make much of a difference on the individual level once spread out. If I won the lottery (which I don't play, so I'll never win) it would be to make my and my wife's lives better first and foremost.

You can change a lot of lives giving money away. You dont need to dump it into organized charities. There are millions of small companies, churches, food pantries, youth organizations, ect, that can use help to help other people directly.

Even if you bought a new house, cars, toys, ect, you'd still have the same problems. Probably more so when you're rich. You'd have to worry about be solicited by every freak out there with a sad story. You'd have to worry about security from stalkers, kidnappers, and a boatload of other crime. People, and family would treat you different because you had money. And even more problems you cant even conceive of.

Honestly I'd keep ~2 million to set my self up in a modest lifestyle, and give the rest away. I really have no desire to be rich.

I don't want a big house, I would want an electric blue '71 Mustang Mach 1 for a car, and a shelby, and a couple other classics, a Model T if I can find one still puttering around, then I'd be good. A nice sound system because I love bass, and then hobbies. After that, I'd either sit on it until I gave up the ghost, or donate. Goodwill, The Red Cross, soup kitchens, orphanages, senior homes, etc. Or go around big cities and give hundreds to the homeless, something where you can SEE the benefit. Veterans foundations definitely. I'm sure you could find something.