Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If you had unlimited money, and time, what would you build?

I don't know if this has been asked before but I would love to see what you all would build with unlimited money/resources/time.

I know there are some newbies out there that are thinking of the same things that I am. Like I would love to build a large laser cannon or maybe experiment with some fiber optic cables+lasers. Maybe try and combine some different laser beams. I don't usually have a ton of spare cash so I guess I just like to dream of what can be made.

I'd also like to hear about some more advanced stuff that I know some of the senior members would like to make. Show me some of your crazy amazing ideas! :)

So if you had everything you ever needed, what kind of laser related stuff would you create?:D

So if you had everything you ever needed, what kind of laser related stuff would you create?:D

Damn, if I had unlimited money and time, lasers wouldn't be the main focus, but it's probably a good thing that you kept it narrowed down or I'd be going on for a while :p

I'd probably manage to find a way of going about combining a crap ton of NUBM44s using either knife edge arrays or laser combiner prism mirrors. I'd then run it through a nice beam expander (and maybe some correction optics in between) to have a thick, bright, blue beam.

And I'd probably do the same for the 1.3W 520nm diodes. And the 07Es.

Last edited:
I'd probably manage to find a way of going about combining a crap ton of NUBM44s using either knife edge arrays or laser combiner prism mirrors. I'd then run it through a nice beam expander (and maybe some correction optics in between) to have a thick, bright, blue beam.

This is kinda what I'd like to do with a "laser cannon" :)

Maybe some sort of laser minigun/chaingun :D
Something where the barrels would rotate and have it synced up with the laser to perform a laser firing kind of effect.

Hmm......

I think I would probably work on creating a company or inventions to better human life. For example, try to invest research for cleaner, more efficient forms of energy instead of using those pesky harmful fossil fuels. I also think focusing on space might be quite neat! There's so little we know about space and the more we learn & know what is going on around us, the better we stand a chance to survive and prosper!

Also, if I had the patience, a DIY 100mW 589nm laser :D :D

-Alex

A laser using the Nubm44 with an unlimited power cycle that runs on 2 32650's so it'll run for a couple hours :)

Oh and a Bugatti. Tahehe

A laser using the Nubm44 with an unlimited power cycle that runs on 2 32650's so it'll run for a couple hours :)

Oh and a Bugatti. Tahehe

That's inspiring. I actually want to attempt that with my 07e lol

+rep

I'm a Ferrari kinda guy :p

Hmm......

I think I would probably work on creating a company or inventions to better human life. For example, try to invest research for cleaner, more efficient forms of energy instead of using those pesky harmful fossil fuels. I also think focusing on space might be quite neat! There's so little we know about space and the more we learn & know what is going on around us, the better we stand a chance to survive and prosper!

-Alex

Hey hap, I know this is off topic a little but I went back to my first thread I ever posted over a year ago when I joined and besides the person banned before you, you were actually the first person to comment on my first post. I guess you were the very first name I ever saw on this forum, it was a post about a 1 watt yellow laser and will they ever exist, I dunno why I thought that was interesting :D

Reactions: GSS
We are limiting our answers to laser builds? Because I would build many things, an AWD electric race car, some aviation items, some medical items with the help of a team of experts to benefit mankind and a team of lawyers to keep my INC from getting screwed for wanting to help people.

But lasers Right?

So so so many things, I would like to work with some fiber lasers.

I think I would build laser diodes and arrays and many concepts would be miniaturized and improved, heat removal would be TEC as these would not be weak.

I would build a RGB emitters with brag combiners or fused biconic couplers to create true tunable RGB portables.

Really there is no end to it and more would grow out of it all.

Last edited:
If I had unlimited time and money I would build some gas and dye lasers. I'd love to see some self created 597nm lasing out of a xenon ion laser. A mercury vapor laser would be awesome too because it emits 567nm and 615nm but in this case I'd need unlimited health too ;).
I guess I would just hunt for wavelengths.

Last edited:
Hmm......

-Alex

This is the the best answer to the question so far, but why does almost every last person want a yellow laser? Is it just because it's something just out of reach or what? I think yellow is an ugly color, I like violet, blue, green, orange, red. If yellow diodes ever become available I think I will have someone machine a penis shaped host and I'll build a yellow laser in it.:crackup:

Alan

GSS

The little bit of nerd in me would love a Star Trek phaser build that might actually come close to what the TV show's phaser did but i'm guessing I would need to build a time machine or freeze my brain first:)

I'll have to modify the question since I don't have anywhere near the knowledge to build such a thing but if I could have anything built for my private use it would be similar to a laser guide star system. A 20W 589 nm laser system with as good of divergence as possible.

Or more realistic a 1W 561 nm handheld with cooling. That would be pretty amazing. Its my second favorite wl.

I am always interested in using lasers for Science fiction builds and things like that so I just thought of a few more things I would be interested in building:D

A model of the death star with a fully functional laser and maybe a few small fake planets to burn :D
Or maybe some Laser Rifles from different video games and movies. Oooooooor, try and recreate some Iron man weapons!

Last edited:
This is the the best answer to the question so far, but why does almost every last person want a yellow laser? Is it just because it's something just out of reach or what? I think yellow is an ugly color, I like violet, blue, green, orange, red. If yellow diodes ever become available I think I will have someone machine a penis shaped host and I'll build a yellow laser in it.:crackup:

Alan

If you ever do that I expect pictures ASAP:crackup:

Rivem

I don't know that I'd really get any truly unique handhelds, but I'd build a huge open building with laser projectors all over it. I'd buy one of those nice fiber (or direct diode) laser cutters that's at least six figures. I think I'd also get a bunch of laser medium (probably fiber) to build my own super high power laser cannon like in the missile defence system videos.

Hey hap, I know this is off topic a little but I went back to my first thread I ever posted over a year ago when I joined and besides the person banned before you, you were actually the first person to comment on my first post. I guess you were the very first name I ever saw on this forum, it was a post about a 1 watt yellow laser and will they ever exist, I dunno why I thought that was interesting :D

Haha! :D

Edit: @Pi R Squared

Lol! :) I love yellow!

-Alex

Last edited: