Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Idiot with a 5mw red laser in my math class :<(

Ok im in the 9th grade. today in math class i seen a red dot on the wall across from me. i thought maybe i was seeing lasers, and then i looked around and there it was !! this kid was using a 5mw red laser and the first thing i saw was he used it to point at this girls eyes !! :mad: :mad: :mad:
I quickly said "Hey dude stop you can blind her and get sued" and he said i dont care. he continued to point it at people's eyes and i was telling everyone one to just block it. i told him u got 2 eyes and u can only be blinded twice, but then he shined it at my FACE !! i said dude stop and he did not, and then i got smart and said wait till monday ill bring my 250mw red and see how u like getting lased !! i needed to lecture him but i was clueless what to say :'(
im 100% he will bring it again tomorrow. what should i do without looking stupid ??

Re: Idiot with a 5mw red laser in my math class :<

got a spare stun gun on hand? other then that you can fight him, which will prolly get you suspended, or you can go to the higher authority i.e. threaten a law suit? as mentioned.

If it was me i would probably just take it away from him,...

ah retards with lasers...what else is new? I brought mine to design concepts class and I was making long exposure shots for one of my projects with it and some guy comes up and asks if that could blind someone I said pretty much instantly and he said cool then snatched the laser out of my hand tried to shine it in my eyes (he didn't know about the delay) thats when I punched him as hard as I could in the throat :mad: and took back my Alpha 105 :-/ he was still unconscious when I left about 30 minutes later or he just wanted to lay there... where did all these idiots come from and why are they more and more common now?

what actual damage can 5mW do while we are on this topic? be specific please.

and maxkillz, i like your hands on justice

According to the FDA, 5mW isn't enough to do any permanent damage to the eye. (you'd probably just see some funny spots for an hour or so max)

laserwanabe said:
what actual damage can 5mW do while we are on this topic? be specific please.

and maxkillz, i like your hands on justice
thanks it's how I always handle things like this :cool: just put them in their place and they stop...for a while at least or until they get a few friends that want to join in and try to take on a Karate Tourney champ in the black belt devision (but they don't know that) :p

artix

Tomorrow, when you see him, wait until school ends, tell him to stop then punch him hard enough so that he gets the message, but not so hard that, he goes to school with a black eye for a few days!

Or you can just wear your laser shades for the day. :p

Artix said:
Tomorrow, when you see him, wait until school ends, tell him to stop then punch him hard enough so that he gets the message, but not so hard that, he goes to school with a black eye for a few days!

Or you can just wear your laser shades for the day. :p
or just do what I did, knock him out right then and there ;D throat punch may be cheap but it gets the message across ::)

(A) eh... punches rnt cheap... but a kick 2 the balls... that makes u more of a panzie then anything...

(B) i deal with ppl different... but id take the laser from the dude n shine it at em..
throw it at his eye.. pick it up... throw it across the room... then punch em...

(C) or take a DX laser that duznt hav a filter so it would do more damage then any other laser...

or D all thee above...lol

the thing is i cant take it from him, he sits at the other end of the class room.
so i was thinking of just yelling out when he does it, but then he can hide it and say he dont have one. or i can wait for monday when ill have my green 50mw ready and ill un focus it like a flashlight and see how he likes it :D
I just need to get the message to him

a 50mw laser shined at him would not be a good idea.

2 wrongs dont make a right.

tell someone about it or simply take it away.

If you have a 250mw red then bring it in. show it off a little to him and some mates so as to make his tiny <5mw look like his manhood.

Then let him know (exclusively of course) that if he ever shines that f@*$ing little piece of $h!t in your eyes again then... laser wars is on chump! ;)

It might scare him enough that you would never need to use such force, especially when you say "you see how it burns this *thing*? Just imagine what it would feel like inside your eyeball!" lol

find a mole on his arm or some dark spot, and show him what your focused 250mw feels like :eek:

Get up. Walk to the other side of the classroom.
Take it.
Break it into little pieces.

Throw it at him.
Problem solved.

If he tattles, he brought a prohibited object to school and harassed several students and risked temporary vision impairment.

Edit: Showing off your laser will likely result in you drawing too much attention.

iewed

I understand your frustration, but how much harm can really come out of a 5mW red laser?
Sure it's annoying, but just let your teacher know to be on the look out for that kid and his laser.

The last thing you want to do is bring an illegal 50mW green laser pointer/250mW red laser to school to "1-up him".