Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Identifying semiconductor

mbot

Hi there, i am trying to identify and hopefully find a datasheet for the chip on this board. It is from a 405nm 50mW laser pointer. The marking on the chip is 8530 60134. Any idea where i could find this information. Alternatively could anyone point me to a concise description of what this semiconductor is doing in this circuit? Or perhaps even what this particulat type of driving circuit would be called.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20130305_141821.jpg
    20130305_141821.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 474

We can't see anything in that photo, or even what chip you're referring to. Google the number and see what comes up. Maybe it's a transistor or something.

mbot

I have tried googling the number and nothing comes up. I thought that someone who was really into this stuff might be able to say what that circuit is. It is certainly not a transistor. I don't expect that someone could use that photo to identify components directly and i can't upload a better image due to the size restrictions on uploads. I added it so that someone might recognize the general layout. I assume that the semiconductor there is some kind of standard part in many laser drive circuits. I need to get a datasheet for this or some similar part so that i can understand what role it is playing in the circuit.

The problem with your photo has nothing to do with size, but rather that it is blurry. You could upload a gigapixel photo and it would still be uselessly blurry. You also need to indicate on the photo what chip you're talking about. Use MS paint or something.

Learn how to focus your camera so people can actually see something. Hint: if you have no focus controls, like on a phone, move the camera away from the object, take the picture, and crop it.

Last edited:

mbot

for various reasons that are irrelevant to what i am asking i cannot get another photo of this laser. it should not be important to see any more details than are there as just about every cheap 405nm laser pointer i have seen uses some similar combination of components. A switch, an inductor, a diode, one or two resistors, and one unidentified chip. The only chip in the image. It has 4 leads and the number 8530 60134 on it. I have a different laser that has basically the same circuit and the chip number is 2108A 0942/56. I know they are for boosting the voltage but I cannot find an actual datasheet to describe what those chips are doing, and more importantly for my purposes how else they can be used.

Why do you ask about this chip ? is it blown up, do you maybe just need a new driver altogether ?

mbot

No it works, partially i need to know just for the fun of knowing but really it is because i have a number of these lasers built into some test equipment at my work and have been noticing some irregularities that are probably caused by the laser. My first step in solving this problem is to know exactly what is going on here. Honestly it will probably end up that we will need to replace the lasers entirely but i'd like to be sure that there is nothing i can do with the ones i have first.