Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ideas for gifts for parents?

I have all my other gifts picked out, but no idea what to get my parents. What can you suggest? I would like it to be something I can get on amazon because that's where Im placing the for order for everything else.

Thanks

They're your parents, you must know them. What are their interests? What do they do together?

Last edited:
How about a decent pair of salt and pepper shakers/grinders? The quality varies depending on your budget.

Uh get them lasers :). This is just in case you over looked the idea

Cards against humanity, two bottles of strong booze, whatever they prefer, and invite for 2-4 of their friends.

Oh, and run like hell. You don't want to hear some things from your parents, even if it is a game :p

USAbro

Gift cards to their favorite restaurant would be nice. :D

rasta

You can buy a tie or a shirt for your father and a cologne for your mother.
This is my opinion.

I 'think' he meant laser related-

I was asked something like that last year-
and came up with this-

IF one or more of who you want to 'gift' engage in risky pastimes- like open ocean sailing- cross country skiing- hikers -trekkers - etc- and thing where there possible may be a time when emergency help is need and no cell phone towers-

its a waterproof green CR123 laser kept inside another water proof enclosure made for transporting you fav cig lighter and its OK with the TSA- there is room inside for a small mirror (signal in daytime) an extra battery- a whistle- a fire starter - some folding $$ and more- its on a lanyard -

bright yellow- I will BRB with a Greedbay link of the outer case.

here is the 'enclosure' VERY heavy duty- big enougn for lots more than yr average lighter-

Colibri Tranzpack TSA Dot Approved Airline Torch Lighter Case New Free SHIP | eBay

My hopes with this gift is to persuade someone in your life who wants to know what GOOD are lasers..

kinda big for the averge ladies purse but could become a valuable item if stranded or there was a need for a non-lethal self device tool.
at 100 mW of 532 its plenty bright-
(btw its built into the laser on aircraft 'law' the exception for those in distress. )

gifts are not just for the winter holidays- and this gift could do more than change an attitude -could save a life.

I was going to ask $50-60 apiece for the whole survival 'kit'
I have IIRC 2 or 3 left-

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!nkFEwilMoH1BROg,e,byQ~~60_1.JPG
    $(KGrHqN,!nkFEwilMoH1BROg,e,byQ~~60_1.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited: