Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ideal place to get lasers in CHINA

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to Hong Kong next week (Mar. 1st, 2010) & was wondering if anyone here on the board knows anywhere in Hong Kong I can get a high powered laser. I've never been to Hong Kong before but have just recently found out that 'all lasers come from China' courtesy of Eudaimonium. Anyhow, if ANYONE knows where I could get my hands on any great lasers or laser paraphernalia PLEASE post it here or PM me.

Thank you,

a!

D

Deleted member 8382

I suggest you to ask Faona, Susie and Merry directly. That's at least what would I do ;)

From what I've read here and other sources, you can buy hi-power lasers from street vender on almost any corner.
If you have an LPM, take it with you to make sure you are getting the power stated.
Good luck. Wish I was going with you. Hong-Kong=laser heaven, with cheap prices. IE: $20-30 for 200mW 532nm. (so I hear)

I am only guessing (never been there)but it might be a good idea to get modules rather than completed lasers--customs--or at least take them apart and put parts into seperate luggage. IMO- .................I am picturing a guy on the street---'Psst!! Hey Mister! wanna buy a laser?? Special price- just for you!!!'...... LOL btw Merry lives in 'Laser City'--

if you buy a couple extras you could probly sell them on the forum and make a little profit. if you did i would definetly buy one as long as theyre cheaper than i could get off the internet

Dealextreme HQ. :D Seriously, I agree "the streets" are the best place, aside from Susie/Faona. I've even heard one person talk about white lasers being sold there...

Hello Laser Peepz,

Thank you to everyone for all the info, I need all the info I can get before I leave for China next week.

I also wanted to know if anyone on the board knows how much stuff am I able to bring back & if there is anything (laser related) that I cannot bring back. I don't want to be hemmed up at customs for any insane laser pointers, components, etc.

If there are any scientists on this board who could e-mail or FTP me some sort of scientific / educational permit (if there is such a thing) to bring some heavy duty laser stuff back into the USA it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last but not least what should I be on the look-out for & what do you guys want from out there? I can't promise anything but I'll endeavor to do my best.

I would really love a white laser!!! I remember taking a picture of a white laser show at the club I used to work for (read my brief bio on the welcome page if you're interested) and always wanted one!! I've attached a photo I took of the white laser show I mentioned below.

a!

laser003.jpg

get an astronomy book. take them apart as much as you can without breaking them. check the bag. oh and bring me one or two! i would pay you for the laser, shipping, and a little extra. if your actually interested please PM me i would really appreciate it!

The FDA regulations say that you cannot take a laser over 5mW unless it has a key lock, power key, LED indicator, 2-second delay, and shutter. I seriously doubt any Chinese lasers will have these features, but if you separate the hosts+batteries from the modules, then you should be safe, as they cannot test them.