Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I was fortunate enough to get this O-like Green Gun Laser

She's 25mw (upped from the 15 it was supposed to be). I asked O-like to up it up to 25 from the 15 it was advertised as, so that I could get a bit more reach from it at the range. It came with the picatiny rail mount.

They have since discontinued selling this model.

here are the pics.

DSC02319.jpg

DSC02320.jpg

DSC02321.jpg

DSC02323.jpg

DSC02326.jpg

Last edited:

ped

Jesus thats some nice hardware!!

Laser looks good as well :)

How's it handling the recoil?

Although an AR-15 with extra mass from a long barrel and extra accessories etc. is going to be about as soft-recoiling a rifle as you'll get unless you go down to .22 rimfire.

I'm just asking because the "Armed Forces" laser is pretty much just an Airsoft product.

But if it works.. it works. :D A true weapon-rated green, like from LaserMax, Insight etc. will start at $300 and go up from there.

IMO, green weapon lasers will really come into their own when direct green diodes come out in a year or two, driven by the laser projector market. They'll be much sturdier when the IR frequency changing, and KPT green crystal can be done away with.

I see you have a Yankee Hill lower, and a Leupold scope. And what looks like a Magpul trigger guard and a Vortex flash hider, and a Harris bipod or knockoff...

What is the rest of it? Stainless barrel, free-float, upper, and stock?

How's it handling the recoil?

Although an AR-15 with extra mass from a long barrel and extra accessories etc. is going to be about as soft-recoiling a rifle as you'll get unless you go down to .22 rimfire.

I'm just asking because the "Armed Forces" laser is pretty much just an Airsoft product.

But if it works.. it works. :D A true weapon-rated green, like from LaserMax, Insight etc. will start at $300 and go up from there.

IMO, green weapon lasers will really come into their own when direct green diodes come out in a year or two, driven by the laser projector market. They'll be much sturdier when the IR frequency changing, and KPT green crystal can be done away with.

I see you have a Yankee Hill lower, and a Leupold scope. And what looks like a Magpul trigger guard and a Vortex flash hider, and a Harris bipod or knockoff...

What is the rest of it? Stainless barrel, free-float, upper, and stock?

I've had some issues with post-impulse reset beforehand, but I took it apart, and put it back together with some more care, and it seems to be holding zero (at least it will at 50 yards, which is what this is designed for). I don't expect it to hold MOA groupings at 100 yards. It's mostly a close contact sight.

Barrel is an 18" SPR Match Barrel 1:7 twist rifle length gas from White Oak Armament
Smith Vortex flash supressor
Forearm is a YHM 12.5" modular tube free float
Upper is generic keystamped M4
Barrel came with a low pro gas block and headspaced bolt
BCG, firing pin, and the rest are all generic.
Standard M4 collapsible buttstock
Timney 3lb single stage trigger
Magpul MIAD grip
Harris BRM-S Bipod
Cheapo sling
Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 3-9x36mm

She shoots .95 MOA 10 round groups at 100 yards. I really need more powerful glass to get more performance out of her. I can barely see the red dot in the center of my 2" dia shoot n c's at that distance.

I load up my own 77gr SMK BTHP's for it, and she shoots them all day long sub MOA with a good person behind the trigger.

You have good taste in hardware. I have a Colt Match Target Tactical Elite with a Millett TRS scope, Magpul PRS stock, and that same Harris bipod. It will do <1 MOA with a skilled driver...

You lucked out like I did then and got into the Magpul MIAD when it still came with the integral expanded trigger guard. Now you have to go by a MOE or the other. (And risk your lower with driving in/out the pins.)

Here's a recent target. These are 2" diameter shoot n c's with 10 rounds at each. Most of the ones on the left of the target were my dad's groupings.

IMAG0045.jpg

I'm sure with enough digging someone interested could find a chinese source outside of ebay that would be cheaper. I just listed that because I remember seeing them there while I was looking for other stuff. Plus i've bought more than a few things from snoctony and haven't had a single issue.

The fact that o-like quit selling them probably doesn't lend well to the durability of them though. The only reason they'd have to quit selling them would be if they were more trouble than they were worth.. or their source vanished.. which I doubt.

i was at a laser suppliers place the other day and was nosing around his 'returns' shelf.

There was a box on the shelf with a dozen+ defective used units in it that looked very much like the one in your photo. most had tags on them saying 'weak laser'.

would it be worthwhile to re=build these or use them as hosts? He may let me have them all fairly cheap. How much do they go for new?? what mW( 15 to 25 right?) and batts?