Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I want to make a flash light that burns

However, I know nothing about bulbs, the perfect batteries, etc. I would prefer to get everything from radio shack since it's down the street. Can Someone help.

What I have, but don't necessarily have to use:
1 mag light (takes D batteries x3)
4 rechargeable 6v batteries 200mAh (I think)
2 rechargeable 9v batteries 200mAh
4 rechargeable AAA batteries (and can get more if needed. I don't know current)

Also I think LEDs are typically brighter, might be wrong, but if it doesn't burn I'm not too interested.

I realize I'm asking for a lot, but I dunno where else to ask.

flash light that burns ??? I'm not quite following you. You mean, like set things on fire with light from a flashlight? :crackup: That is not possible; at least not as of yet, but Jayrob will try. lol (He makes ridiculous bright flashlights). Anyway, lasers of higher power will burn plastic, wood, paper, etc. Not flashlights. Sorry to burst your bubble. And yes, you are right; Led bulbs (especially Cree emitters) are brighter than your standared krypton bulb (which is what you linked to @ radioshack). Cheers!:beer:

anselm

You mean, like set things on fire with light from a flashlight? That is not possible;
Are you sure?

If wicked lasers managed to create something so ridiculous, I bet you can as well.

Holy crap! :eek: I didn't now that existed..... wow.. I suppose it is possible. But I still don't think you can build that with parts from radioshack..especially with a krypton bulb.

Have you tried over at candlepowerforums.com? I believe they are more flashlight oriented where LPF is more laser oriented. However, somebody here might be able to answer this for you. Keep us updated if you learn anything. This is quite intriguing:pop:

Things

The WL torch uses a 100W halogen bulb in a reflector, with a lithium battery pack. That's all it is. The hard part is getting that much power into it. The WL torch only lasts like 7 minutes at best.

You can find 100W halogen bulbs everywhere.

NiMh battery pack. It's 12 2/3AA cells. Battery life is abysmal, yes, but it's a really bright five minutes. :D

Maybe. But low voltage tungsten coils are shorter, and therefore more intense for the same power. They are also inherently easier to power with batteries.

Compare the lengths of the filaments in a 60W lamp in your house and the 55W lamp in your car headlight, and you'll see what I mean.

emboli

that wicked lasers torch has been out for a while. It is extremely expensive