Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

I want to buy my first laser pointers

Gamerblocko

I want to buy a laser 303 which basically has 80 to 100 mw and I need suitable glasses which are under 40 dollars. Are these glasses useless since I keep seeing these on websites or are they trusted. I also live in Canada :/

Attachments

• 2ED603EC-907A-4D75-AA5D-D2B4E9CF7FB5.png
    2ED603EC-907A-4D75-AA5D-D2B4E9CF7FB5.png
    924.9 KB · Views: 5

Mattronium

One large problem with goggles like those is that they are low quality/uncertain. So each batch may be different. So there usually is no true guarantee that they work as claimed, or how well. Once you have the product in hand, it isn't too hard to roughly test the OD at laser wavelength.
For low power such as that you'd only need maybe 2-3 OD. What are you planning on using the laser for specifically, burning, pointing inside or outside etc?

Gamerblocko

One large problem with goggles like those is that they are low quality/uncertain. So each batch may be different. So there usually is no true guarantee that they work as claimed, or how well. Once you have the product in hand, it isn't too hard to roughly test the OD at laser wavelength.
For low power such as that you'd only need maybe 2-3 OD. What are you planning on using the laser for specifically, burning, pointing inside or outside etc?
I am pointing I outside it sometimes burning if i am really bored. I am on a budget.

bostjan

Laser 303 can be obtained really cheap.

As for burning stuff, Laser 303 won't really do much.

Despite the 303 not being super powerful, I'd recommend getting some more decent goggles than those. I actually have a pair of those goggles, and although I think they will work fine with the 532 nm light, they are just generally poor quality and will likely break with light use.

IWLSR5

I would highly recommend getting a pair of Eagle Pair goggles. Avoid the cheap pairs on Ebay and Amazon.

RedCowboy

If you can afford 40.00 you can afford 60.00 for Eagle Pair laser safety glasses.......if not then you shouldn't be buying lasers or at least not using lasers until you save up another 20.00 to add to your 40.00........then you can afford to use your laser safely, because you can't afford to go blind.