Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I think I have everything?!

So at this point I have two bare diodes. One is a red from a dvd-rw and the other is blue from a blu-ray burner. I have put together a list of parts to order and just wanted to know if you guys would look over it and let me know if what I am getting is sufficient.
Diode Mount
Lens for the blue
Lens for the RED
Host I am hoping this one will accept the aixiz module. If not could you point me in the direction of a decent host.

DriverI figure I can use this driver for both diodes. If I am wrong let me know. I take that it is set up for direct diode soldering. And if pin configuration did not match then wires could be ran. It is adjustable from 200ma to 2000ma.

Another Host/driver option
I could also go this route.

I have batteries.......tons of batteries....LI-ION so no need for me to purchase batts. Let me know what you guys think. And if I am way off then I will start over. Thanks again!

Last edited:

HI,
I'm going to help you out here don't buy any of that stuff. This is all you will have to buy, go to DTR shop and buy the 12x SOj6 Blu Ray package for 76.00. It comes with a diode ,Copper module already soldered and a 3 element lens all ready to go.
Here is this punch line i will send you a 501B host with the heat sink driver pill and spring and i will install a contact board for you FREE !!! yes FREE !! All you will have to do is solder two wires and heat shrink the solder joints so they don't ground or short out the build. I will include the heat shrink for the wire also.. I will only do this is you Purchase the complete 12x SOJ6 module from DTR.. I feel in a good mood today so let me know . This build will take 1- 18650 lithium ion cell

Rich:)

Last edited: